UofSC's sport science programs, including Sport and Entertainment Management, are
ranked #1 in the U.S.
Here are just a few of the reasons why the MSEM program stands out:
- It has the most comprehensive focus on managing arenas, stadiums and other venues.
- It develops leadership and management skills for current and future leaders.
- It features faculty with years of practical experience, from lawyers to agents.
- It includes networking opportunities with local sport and entertainment organizations or venues.
- It uses a curriculum that is appropriate for students with or without a business background.
|Requirements||Direct Master's Accelerator||Advanced Master's Accelerator||Master's Accelerator||Academic English|
|IELTS||7.0 (no sub-score below 6.5)||6.5 (no sub-score below 6.0)||6.0 (no sub-score below 5.5)||4.5|
|TOEFL||94||80 (no sub-score below 18)||74 (no sub-score below 16)||50|
|Qualifying Undergraduate Degrees||Any four-year undergraduate degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.|
|Additional Entry Requirements||Students must have successfully completed any undergraduate Principles of Finance course and any Principles of Marketing course and have one of the following: one year of customer-facing work experience OR a completed internship within the degree experience prior to graduation.|
|Available Entry||Fall or Spring|
Note: The MSEM program does not require a thesis.
- HRSM Statistics (closed)
- Venue Management: Principles and Practices
- Management in the Sport and Entertainment Industry
- Principles of Sport and Entertainment Marketing
- Sport and Entertainment Finance
|Program||Credits Earned Towards Degree||Progression Requirements|
|Direct Master's Accelerator||9||Not applicable - student is already enrolled in degree program|
|Advanced Master's Accelerator||6||3.25 GPA with no course grade lower than a B and successful completion of the English language courses and the Professional Development and Analytical Skills workshops, seminars and modules|
|Master's Accelerator||9||3.25 GPA with no course grade lower than a B and successful completion of the English language courses and the Professional Development and Analytical Skills workshops, seminars and modules|
||0||Successful completion of all Pre-Sessional English program course content and approval from Master’s Accelerator team|
Total credits required for degree: 36 (no thesis required)
For information regarding tuition and fees, please see our Costs Overview.