About the Lectureship
The Minghi Distinguished Lectureship was created to recognize outstanding scholars who have made significant scholarly contributions to the discipline of geography. The award is in honor of Professor Emeritus Julian V. Minghi, who retired from the Department of Geography at the University of South Carolina in 2001 after 28 years of service (including 17 years as department chair). An outstanding scholar, teacher, mentor, and administrator, Professor Minghi has instilled a spirit of humanistic inquiry among geographers at South Carolina and beyond.
- Melissa Wright, Penn State University, 2019
- John O’Loughlin, University of Colorado, 2018
- Ellen Wohl, Colorado State University, 2017
- Roger Kasperson, Clark University, 2016
- Paul Robbins, University of Wisconsin, 2015
- Richard Marston, Kansas State University, 2014
- David Newman, Ben Gurion University, 2013
- Colin Flint, Utah State University, 2012
- Norbert Psuty, Rutgers University, 2011
- No lecture, 2010
- No lecture, 2009
- Mike Goodchild, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2008
- Alec Murphy, University of Oregon, 2007
Photo: Professor Julian V. Minghi on the grounds of his secondary school, Clapham College, London.