Upcoming Events and Announcements
Last day of classes
Dec. 6 will be the last day of classes for the Fall 2019 semester.
Thesis proposal defense
Nicole Steeves will defend her master's thesis proposal on Monday, Dec. 9, at 1 p.m. in Callcott, Room 228. Please join us while she presents her proposed work, titled “An Investigation of Surface Inversion Characteristics in Shallow Topography.” Her committee consists of Dr. April Hiscox, Dr. Greg Carbone and Dr. Zhenlong Li.
The final exams will run from Dec. 9 through Dec. 16.
The Fall 2019 graduation ceremonies will be held on Dec. 16. Doctoral hoodings will take place at 9:30 a.m. in the Koger Center. Bachelor's , master's and professional degrees will be awarded beginning at 2:30 p.m. in the Colonial Life Arena.
Geography Colloquia and Talks 2019–2020
|Friday, Sept.6||Elizabeth Delmelle, UNC Charlotte|
|Friday, Oct. 4||Asher Ghertner, Rutgers University|
|Friday, Jan. 24||Diego Riveros-Iregui, UNC Chapel Hill|
|Friday, Feb. 7||Bethany Cutts, NC State University|
|Friday, March 20
|John Pickles, UNC Chapel Hill|
|Friday, April 3
|Visiting scholar Gavin Bridge, Durham University|
USC Geography and Geographers in the News
- [Mock] Hurricane season bigger blast than SC, US expected
- [Dow] Floods could be leaking pollution from Superfund sites in Charleston area
- Forging a path: First-generation students, faculty and alumni reflect on their college experiences > Hannah S. Parkin
- Department welcomes visiting Turkish scholar
- [Cutter] SC growth since Hurricane Hugo means more people and more property are in harm’s way
- [Cutter] The boy who cried hurricane? Annual storm scares can leave residents jaded
Photo: Sedimentation fieldwork at the McCrady Base in Columbia; Michael Hodgson.