Upcoming Events and Announcements
Ken Field's talk available online
If you missed the first colloquium of the fall semester, it's not too late to catch
it. Ken Field's talk, "Fake Maps: The Cartography of Elections," is available online.
William L. Graf (1947–2019)
We are sad to report that Will Graf, the former chair and a distinguished professor emeritus of the South Carolina Department
of Geography, died December 27, 2019. During his long and accomplished career, he
supervised 39 graduate students, taught more than 5,000 undergraduates, and earned
the respect of colleagues for his exemplary research.
UofSC Geography and Geographers in the News
- [Cutter] The riskiest place for a natural disaster in the U.S.? You’re living in it, L.A.
- [Carbone] November 2020 had second-highest temperatures in SC, and set a record for the globe
- [Cutter] FEMA releases new National Risk Index measuring natural disaster risk, vulnerability
- [Mock] Hurricane Zeta breaks records for Gulf and 2020 season
- [Mock] Tropical weather conditions are keeping storms south of Charleston this hurricane season
- [Nagel] South Carolina is changing. Is it enough to put Jaime Harrison in the Senate?
- [Cutter] Six ways the 2020 census will change your life
- 2020 Governor's Award to Jerry Mitchell
Photo: Sedimentation fieldwork at the McCrady Base in Columbia; Michael Hodgson.