|Title:||Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies
|College of Arts and Sciences|
|Office:||Flinn Hall 201A|
PhD, University of Texas, 1997
• Higher Education pedagogy
• Composition pedagogy
• Writing program administration
• Integrative and Experiential Learning
• SF Compact Handbook, 2nd ed. Co-authored with John Ruszkiewicz and Maxine Hairston. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2008.
• The Scott, Foresman Handbook for Writers, 8th ed. Co-authored with John Ruszkiewicz and Maxine Hairston. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2007.
• SF Express Handbook, 2nd ed. Co-authored with John Ruszkiewicz and Maxine Hairston. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2006.
• Beyond Words: Reading and Writing in a Visual Age. Co-authored with John J. Ruszkiewicz and Daniel Anderson. New York: Longman, 2006.
• "Merging Academics and Operations in a Statewide University Consortium." Co-authored with Patricia Jerman, Corinna McLeod, Summer Smith Taylor and Bruce C. Coull. Inside and Out: Universities and Education for Sustainable Development. Eds. R. Forrant and L.Silka. Amityville, NY: Baywood P, 2006. 135-148.
• "It's a Two-Way Street: White Faculty Members Mentoring African American Graduate Students in Composition and Rhetoric." Co-authored with Terry Carter, Rose Metts, and Nancy Thompson. Culture Shock and the Practice of Profession: Training Future Faculty in Composition and Rhetoric. Eds. Virginia S. Anderson and Susan Romano. Cresskill, NH: Hampton P, 2005. 239-263.
• "Seeing Ourselves as Others See Us: The Feminization of Teaching in Everyday Talk." Teaching Vision: Language and Image in the Reading-Writing Classroom. Eds. Linda Calendrillo et al. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum, 2002. 175-87.