Enjoy the ultimate Gamecock celebration
UofSC students past, present and future come from all different places, religions, and cultures, but there's one thing we all have in common: We are Gamecocks. Homecoming Week is a campus-wide celebration complete with nightly events, service projects and more. The celebration also includes an action-packed weekend of alumni events, too.
Homecoming Week is created, planned and executed by University of South Carolina students. You can be a part of it, by volunteering for the planning commission or joining one or more Homecoming events.
The 2019 Homecoming volunteer application is now open!
Compete for the Homecoming Cup
Show your school spirit and pride by creating a team to compete in the Homecoming Cup.
Demonstrate your artistic ability through the Power of the Paintbrush. Compete for the honor of best banner against other teams in your division and see who has the power! This event is a take home event and banners will be distributed to teams the week before Homecoming on Sunday, Oct. 20 from 3 to 6 p.m. in the Gamecock Entertainment Office (RH 318). The banners will later be hung on the Russell House Patio and will be judged for points. Come show us your superpower!
- Sunday, Oct. 20: Banner Pickup, RH 318 from 3-6 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 27: Banners Drop Off During Dynamic Displays on Davis Field by 6 p.m.
Come out and test your super speed at Homecoming’s Wonder Woman 5K! Join the Homecoming team and Warner Brothers as we kick off the week of events! Speed your way to the finish line and have some fun with your fellow Gamecocks!
- Saturday, Oct. 26 | 8 a.m. – noon, Blatt PE Center
Get the chance to turn Greene Street into an amazing carnival that rivals the State Fair! The Comicbook Carnival celebrates the beginning of Homecoming Week with an extended event on Greene Street. Students can experience a variety of activities including food, games and novelty items. Teams have the opportunity to gain points by hosting a booth at the event with a preapproved carnival-type activity.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22: Email will be sent out to tabling participants explaining which booth activity they were assigned to.
- Monday, Oct. 28: Homecoming 2019’s Comicbook Carnival (set up begins at 9 a.m.)
Bring your superpowers to Strom to battle it out in a variety of games and competitions that will test your limits! Teams can come to show off their strengths and other superhero abilities in various fun activities. There will be chances to win prizes and points towards the Homecoming Cup, so bring your A game.
- Monday, Oct. 28: Teams check in at the Strom Thurmond Wellness & Fitness Center at 5 p.m.
This event is an outdoor movie showing of Avengers: Endgame. There will also be a costume contest, so we encourage wearing your favorite superhero costume! Note: Costumes are encouraged, but masks may not be worn outside per city of Columbia ordinance.
- Monday, Oct. 28: Teams check in at 7 p.m. at the Strom Thurmond Wellness & Fitness Center Fields.
Show your superhero spirit and Gamecock pride by building an amazing display for your team! This is an event where different teams come together to showcase their artistic talents, school spirit, and the displays which they have created. Unlike a traditional homecoming parade, Dynamic Displays will stay stationary on campus for students, faculty, staff, and the community to walk through and enjoy.
- Sunday, Oct. 6: Display Design due to commission for approval by 12 p.m. via email to SAHCENG@mailbox.sc.edu
- Sunday, Oct. 27: Display build from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 28: Display build from 9 - 11 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 29: Dynamic Display Showcase from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Get excited for Cockstock 2019 featuring rap artist A$AP Ferg! Cockstock 2019 will be taking place on Tuesday, Oct. 29, at the Colonial Life Arena. Doors will open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8 p.m. DJ ElDoggin will hype up the crowd as the opening DJ prior to the headlining performance from A$AP Ferg!
Tickets are $10 for students and $20 for general public. Limit one student ticket per student ID. Students may bring up to four guests to the performance. All seating will be general admission. Floor access will be available on a first-come, first-served basis via the College St. entrance to the arena on the night of the performance. Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for this event.
Mobile tickets are purchased through the Student Account Manager. This is a different system than the one used to claim home game tickets. No refunds or exchanges will be given after purchase.
- Purchase your tickets here: https://bit.ly/2NfrzFK
Heroes will battle it out in a showcase of their various superpowers and unique talents with the intent to win over the crowd and the grand prize. Auditions will be held to select a total of ten performances for the event.
- Sunday, Sept. 29: Drop-in auditions from 1 - 5 p.m. in the Russell House Theater.
- Friday, Oct. 6: by 5 p.m.: Performer notification via email
- Sunday, Oct. 20: Mandatory rehearsal for all participants/crowd interaction must be approved (this will be done during rehearsal) from 3 - 5 p.m. in the Russell House Theater
- Wednesday, Oct. 30: Carolina’s Got Talent (performers check-in at 5:30 p.m.)
Test your trivia knowledge on Superheros, UofSC, and general trivia for some awesome prizes. This night of fun will be guaranteed to put you in a super mood!
- Wednesday, Oct. 30 | 10 p.m. – 12 a.m., Russell House Ballroom
We are partnering with Dance Marathon to recognize the local “mini” heroes in Columbia! Teams will have the opportunity to decorate capes that will be given to the local heroes/patients of Prisma Health Children’s Hospital - Midlands. There will also be a gigantic cape that anyone who walks by can stop and quickly decorate as a way to get individuals who don’t have a ton of time involved. More information to come on opportunities to donate to the hospital.
- Sunday, Oct. 20 at 12 p.m.: Donation form included in the General Homecoming Application Part 2 via Garnet Gate.
- Event: Thursday, Oct. 31 | 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Greene Street
African-American fraternities and sororities within the National Pan-Hellenic Council or NPHC utilizes stepping which derives from the cultural traditions of various the West-African community, particularly the Gumboot Dance, that utilizes the entire body as an instrument to create intricate rhythms and sounds through a combination of footsteps, claps, movement, sounds, and spoken word to illustrate the strength of unity, the organization’s identity, and the member’s pride of both. NPHC has been displaying this tradition through the Annual Homecoming Step Show since the early 1970s.
- Thursday, Oct. 31 | 6 – 9 p.m., Blatt Field
Join us for a spooky fun night as we turn Blatt PE center into the Halloween hub for UofSC students! A night full of Halloween celebrations complete with a Haunted house and survivors party! Costumes are encouraged, but masks may not be worn outside per City of Columbia ordinance.
- Thursday, Oct. 31 | 9 p.m. – 12 a.m., Blatt PE Center
Come out and show your gamecock spirit! UofSC Homecoming is partnering with Garnet Circle to get campus excited to beat the Commodores! Come out and enjoy music, food, and school spirit on Greene St as we celebrate the conclusion of our exciting week of events!
- Friday, Nov. 1 | 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Greene Street
Spurs & Struts is a long standing Carolina tradition to showcase the dancing talent at the University of South Carolina. A friendly dance competition with the added bonuses of food and cocky! Each team will perform a short dance that will be judged and awarded homecoming cup points.
- Sunday, Oct. 20: Audio Files Submission via email to SAHCENG@mailbox.sc.edu by 12 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 1: Spurs and Struts (team check-in at 4 p.m.)
Join the Homecoming Commission
Applications for all 2020 USC Homecoming Commission positions open Oct. 26 and will be available on this site as well as the Homecoming Commission's Garnet Gate page.