Introduction to Live Entertainment Management
The study of underlying themes in entertainment management and its application to music, family shows, and other live entertainment business venues. This course is designed to enable you to identify the major business segments of the live entertainment industry. You will learn about the types of careers available in that industry and explain how the various segments are structured and how they operate. At the end of the course, you should be able to explain the industry and its business operations from the perspective of someone working in it rather than from that of a spectator.
Download the course syllabus for full details about expectations, readings, assignments and more.
- Explain the nature of the live entertainment industry and its importance in our society
- Identify the major segments of the live entertainment industry and be able to explain how each operates
- Identify and describe the key functions and roles in the live entertainment industry
- Identify key companies and individuals involved in the live entertainment industry today
- Identify, explain, and describe the possible career paths available in the live entertainment industry.