Designed to attract, support, and retain scholars from groups historically underrepresented in their departments or fields, the “Bridge to Faculty” program is a new and exciting initiative at the University of South Carolina. Manifesting the University’s commitment to “cultivating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus where every individual has the opportunity to flourish and thrive,” the program seeks to recruit early-career scholars who, if successful during the post-doctoral period, will have the opportunity to transition to tenure track faculty at USC starting in the 2025-2026 academic year.
The Bridge to Faculty Program enables Scholars to deepen their research expertise, expand their scholarly profiles, undertake academic work in neuroscience and/or health equity in the department, and strengthen the university’s research community through their diverse perspectives. The Bridge to Faculty scholar in the Psychology Department will join eleven other scholars from across the university who will form a dynamic and supportive community of scholars.
Situated in USC’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Bridge to Faculty Scholars have a unique opportunity to receive:
- Professional development preparing the fellow for a full-time faculty position
- Training and development in research, pedagogy, and strategic engagement
- Additional mentorship from senior professors and university administrators
- Networking and connection-building with university administration
- Opportunities to engage and practice as an active member of the USC community