Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Assistant Professor of Psychology
Representative Sample. Presentation at Coming Together for Action Conference of the Global Alliance for
Behavioral Health and Social Justice, Denver, CO.
annual International PhD workshop of the Haruv Institute on Child Maltreatment, The Hebrew University of
Protection Training Center, University of South Carolina – Upstate, Spartanburg, SC.
negative consequences of bullying victimization. Poster presentation at the 64th annual Southeastern
Psychological Association, Charleston, SC.
among rural youth: Exploring mediating mechanisms. Poster presented at the 5th annual Southeastern School
Behavioral Health conference, Myrtle Beach, SC
traditional and cyberbullying victimization. Poster presentation at the 30th annual Association for Psychological
Science convention, San Francisco, CA.
and traditional bullying. Poster presentation at the 15th annual International Bullying Prevention Association
Conference, San Diego, CA.
associated with bullying victimization among rural youth. Poster presentation at the 15th annual International
Bullying Prevention Association Conference, San Diego, CA.
School Behavioral Health Conference, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- 2018 Resilience Summer Summit, University of South Carolina – Upstate, Spartanburg,
The Trauma of Racism
- D7Shares, Spartanburg School District 7 District-Wide Employee In-service (2018):
Racial Economic (In)equality Explained
- Race Roundtable Community Forum, Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church, Spartanburg, SC:
Panel Member for a community dialogue about race
- Miracle Hill Ministries, Annual Foster Families Celebration, Greenville, SC (2016):
The Significance of Self-Care
- Miracle Hill Ministries Foster Family training, Greenville, SC (2016):
Trauma-Informed Foster Care
- United Way’s Martin Luther King, Jr Day of Service, USC – Upstate Spartanburg, SC
Discovering my Privilege and Sharing my Power
- Fran White Award for Psychology, Wheaton College (2005).
- Teen Connections STAR award, Together We Can Foundation: VA Beach, VA (2010).
- Grant awarded Scholar in the Haruv Institute’s International Dissertation Workshop on Child Maltreatment: Hebrew University, Mt Scopus, Jerusalem, Israel (2017).
- Kimbrough & Melton Parents Award for outstanding achievement, Institute for Family and Neighborhood Life, Clemson University (2018).
- Recipient of three consecutive Professional Enrichment Grants, Clemson University (2018).
- Phi Beta Kappa, National Honors Fraternity.