Skip to Content

Financial Aid

USC Union recognizes that a college education is a major expense in most family budgets. It is important to know that there are many federal, state, local and institutional sources available to help students meet those expenses. Please read on for more information. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to your campus Financial Aid Office. We are here to help! 

Palmetto College Central Financial Aid Office 

The Palmetto College Central Financial Aid Office is a centralized resource for students who attend any of the four Palmetto College campuses. Visit their website to find out about the types of available financial aid, to read important consumer information, to learn how to apply or to complete a required form. 

How to Apply 

Students interested in federal or state grants, Federal Work-Study and student loans should fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is something you’ll need to do annually to be considered for aid each year you’re in school. 


Net Price Calculator 

The USC Union Net Price Calculator allows prospective students to enter information about themselves to find out what students like them paid to attend the institution in the previous year, after taking grants and scholarship aid into account.  

Federal Work Study 

The Federal Work Study (FWS) program provides eligible students with part-time employment to assist with the costs of their education. It can also provide you with invaluable professional skills and an opportunity to serve your community. To receive FWS, eligible degree-seeking students should complete a FAFSA application. Click here or visit our office to learn how to find a job on campus or through community service. 

Self Service Carolina 

To manage your academic, financial, and personal information, visit Self Service Carolina (SSC), the University’s secure website. 

Once admitted, you will claim and manage your account through before you can access Self Service Carolina and your university email. 

How to Claim Your VIP ID 

How to Review Your Financial Aid Application and Accept Your Aid 

Veterans Benefits 

There are many programs available to help service members and their families pay for college. New students who are eligible for VA benefits must apply through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If you are a transfer student who has used VA benefits at another school, you must complete a form to change schools. 

Apply for VA Benefits online then provide the USC Union Financial Aid Office with a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). All students are encouraged to submit their FAFSA every October 1 and complete the Scholarship application by March 1. 

First Responder Scholarship Agreement 

All first responders who attend classes in uniform at USC Union or the Laurens location may qualify for the First Responder Scholarship. This program increases the presence and public awareness of uniformed first responders’ personnel on campus.