Who Should Apply
In order to be recognized as a student with a disability and receive the appropriate accommodations, you must be registered with our office.
You should consider applying if you:
- have been admitted as a student to the University of South Carolina
- have a documented disability that significantly affects major life functions
- had an IEP in high school
- are a client of Vocational Rehabilitation, Commission for the Blind or other similar agency
- were registered with disability services at another college
You can register with the center at any time. Registration is not limited to the beginning of a semester. However, you cannot register retroactively for grades during a previous semester. The application process is not completed immediately and can take 2-3 weeks to complete, so please register as soon as possible.
Although decisions regarding disability-specific accommodations are made on a case by case basis, review the accommodations that are most often provided.