Mark your calendar and take advantage of these events designed to support your growth, development and recognition. Details will be added as they become available.
When: 9-10:30 a.m. Friday, Oct. 1
Where: Microsoft Teams
Staff Senate President Shelley Dempsey, and our Student Affairs and Academic Support senators will describe Staff Senate's work. Stacey Bradley, senior associate vice president for Student Affairs and Academic Support will discuss the division’s telecommuting policy and the university's class and compensation redesign project.
Please submit any questions you have for presenters
When: 9-10 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 14
Dennis Pruitt, vice president for student affairs, will discuss current institutional, local and national trends and issues influencing our work in higher education.
When: 9-10:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 5
When: 9-10 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 11
When: 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 3
When: 3-5 p.m.
Show off your holiday baking skills in this Student Affairs and Academic Support tradition.
Registration is required.
- IdeaPOP! keynote "Leading With a Living System Mindset," Kathleen Allen, Kathleen Allen and Associates,
- "Healthy Eating on a Budget," Olivia Sullivan, UofSC
- "Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Achievement Task Force Update," DEIA Task Force members, UofSC
- "Let's Talk About Your Finances," Rachel Sinoway, UofSC
- General Remarks, Dennis Pruitt; Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion update, Julian Williams, UofSC
- "Eco-Friendly New Year," Grace Kazmierski and Larry Cook, UofSC
- Mindfulness and Meditation workshop, Marguerite O'Brien
- "UofSC Community Insights Survey," Alicia Bervine, Stacey Bradley, Kim Pruitt and Nathan Strong, UofSC
- "Supporting LGBTQ+ Students at UofSC," Caroline Wallace, UofSC
- "Mental Health and Well-Being in a Prolonged Crisis," Rebecca Caldwell and April Scott, UofSC
- "Doing Democracy Differently,"Ambra Hiott and Carly Zerr, UofSC
- "The Challenges of Being Black in Student Affairs," Allison Smith, Louisiana Board of Regents, AMS Consulting
- "The Resiliency Project," Rebecca Caldwell, April Scott, Justina Siuba, Marguerite O'Brien and Leena Holt, UofSC
- "Implicit Bias," Preshuslee Thompson, Kirwain Institute
- "Enrollment and Retention," Stacey Bradley and Mary Wagner, UofSC
- "Financial Aid and Scholarships," Joey Derrick, UofSC
- "Mental Health and Suicide Risk Reduction," Debbie Beck, Rebecca Caldwell, Warrenetta Mann, UofSC
- "Student Life Revisioning," Anna Edwards, UofSC
- "Masculinity at UofSC," Julian Capel, Cody Dunlap, Jason Halterman and Shawna Edmond, UofSC
- Campus Space Planning, Derek Gruner, UofSC
- "Crisis Management and Response," Wes Hickman, Chris Wuchenich, UofSC
- "Supporting International Students," International Student Services staff and student panel, UofSC
- "Student Affairs Life Hack: Positive Mental Health and Resilient Living," Warrenetta Mann and April Scott, UofSC
- "Viewpoint Diversity," Marc Shook, UofSC, and "Fake News, Real Problem," Maegan Gudridge, UofSC
- "Meet Generation Z," Keith Ellis, UofSC
- "Veterans on Campus," panel of UofSC student veterans
- "Workplace Survey Results," Nathan Strong, UofSC
- 1st Amendment Panel, Christian Anderson, Susan Bon, Anna Edwards, Kevin Sheppard, UofSC
- "Creating a Trauma-Informed Campus," Shannon Nix, Sarah Wright, UofSC
- "Trans*forming Higher Education: Creating Affirming Learning Environments for LGBTQ+ College Students Through Policy and Practice," Cindy Ann Kilgo, University of Alabama