Graduate Assistant Recruitment Program
GARP, as it's most commonly known, introduces prospective graduate students to UofSC's higher education and student affairs master's program and to opportunities to work in student affairs.
To participate in GARP, you must be admitted to the UofSC HESA program. Invitations to attend GARP weekend will be extended to admitted HESA students in January.
- Meet faculty, staff, alumni and current and prospective students.
- Interview for graduate assistantships at USC and neighboring colleges.
- Tour the beautiful University of South Carolina campus.
While the roster of participating offices changes from year to year, the following offices generally hire their graduate assistants through GARP.
- Capstone Scholars
- Career Center
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Leadership and Service Center
- National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition
- New Student Orientation
- Preston Residential College
- Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention & Prevention
- Student Conduct and Academic Integrity
- Student Disability Resource Center
- Student Health Services
- Student Success Center
- Undergraduate Admissions
- University 101 Programs
- University Housing
Offices from outside the Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support and from partnering colleges and universities also have participated in GARP in previous years.