Welcome to the web site devoted especially to helping you get the most out of your physics laboratory experience. Here we provide links to information on Physics 201/202 and 211/212 laboratory courses. Of course, this is a work in progress and is continually being improved and amended. If you don't find what you are looking for here, let us know and we'll get the information up as quickly as possible.
PHYSICS LAB WAIT LIST:
The 200-level PHYS Labs waitlist for the FALL 2020 semester is OPEN. Links to both Join and Remove are below.
Please note that the Department of Physics and Astronomy will be offering all 200-level PHYS lectures and labs in an online format in Summer 2020. However, they are not self-paced. All courses will take place in six-week sessions. Students will be expected to be available to meet with their instructors at the designated days and times listed for the courses in Self-Service Carolina.
The following courses will be offered in Summer 2020:
First 6-Week Summer Session (May 11, 2020 to June 18, 2020):
- PHYS 201 (General Physics I)
- PHYS 201L (General Physics I Laboratory)
- PHYS 211 (Essentials of Physics I)
- PHYS 211L (Essentials of Physics I Laboratory)
Second 6-Week Summer Session (June 22, 2020 to July 30, 2020):
- PHYS 202 (General Physics II)
- PHYS 202L (General Physics II Laboratory)
- PHYS 212 (Essentials of Physics II)
- PHYS 212L (Essentials of Physics II Laboratory)
All course details can be found in the "Look Up Courses" section of Self-Service Carolina for your reference.
- Schedule, directory info, and e-mail links for the laboratory instructors, the faculty and support staff are found here. If
you need to contact your instructor or the faculty in charge of your course, this
is the place to go.
- A complete listing of all the current laboratory project descriptions are found here. This is where you go to print, or view your copy of the project descriptions.
- Summer 2020 - PHYS 202/212 Lab videos for "Series and Parallel Resistance" and "Equipotentials".
- Summer 2020 - PHYS 202/212 Lab videos for the other six lab experiments.
- How to prepare an Oral Presentation.
- Data Analysis, Uncertainty, and Graphing How-To [pdf]
- Graph paper available for download.
- Syllabus for all 200 level physics labs (On Campus Version).
- Syllabus (Online Lab Version) for all 200 level physics labs.
- Orientation slide show [pptx] for 200 level physics labs (201L,202L,211L,212L) ONLINE COURSE VERSION