Welcome to the web site devoted especially to helping you get the most out of your physics laboratory experience. Here we provide links to information on Physics 201/202 and 211/212 laboratory courses. Of course, this is a work in progress and is continually being improved and amended. If you don't find what you are looking for here, let us know and we'll get the information up as quickly as possible.
PHYSICS LAB INTEREST LIST (SPRING 2021):
** Our Interest List for spring 2021 is now closed. **
Students that submit an "Expression of Interest" form are not guaranteed a lab seat. The Department of Physics and Astronomy will observe the results received in the event that additional lab sections can be offered in Spring 2021. Students that complete the form will be contacted via email if new lab sections come available.
In the Spring 2021 semester, the instructional methods for 200-level PHYS labs will follow closely the methods adopted for Fall 2020. Specifically, a small minority of sections will be fully online, but most sections will be "blended." Students in blended sections will conduct four exercises face-to-face in a teaching lab in Jones PSC and four more exercises via attendance online and using online resources. Whether online or blended, the instruction will be synchronous, i.e. students must attend weekly meetings of their section at specified times. Students registered in a blended section may elect to have their participation be exclusively online, but on pedagogical grounds, the Department of Physics and Astronomy recommends against this option. Contact your course TA if this is something you would like to pursue.
Please address questions via email to Mr. James Clawson (email@example.com) or call the departmental office at (803) 777-8105.
Spring 2021 200 level physics labs begin on January 11, 2021 with an ONLINE orientation. Please attend in your course on Blackboard using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
- Schedule, directory info, and e-mail links for the laboratory instructors, the faculty and support staff are found here. If
you need to contact your instructor or the faculty in charge of your course, this
is the place to go.
- A complete listing of all the current laboratory project descriptions are found here. This is where you go to print, or view your copy of the project descriptions.
- PHYS 201L Experiment Videos
- PHYS 202L Experiment Videos
- PHYS 211L Experiment Videos
- PHYS 212L Experiment Videos
- How to prepare an Oral Presentation.
- Data Analysis, Uncertainty, and Graphing How-To [pdf]
- Graph paper available for download.
- Syllabus for all 200 level physics labs in the blended version.
- Syllabus for all 200 level physics labs in the 100% online version.