Welcome to the web site devoted especially to helping you get the most out of your
physics laboratory experience. Here we provide links to information on Physics 201/202
and 211/212 laboratory courses. Of course, this is a work in progress and is continually
being improved and amended. If you don't find what you are looking for here, let
us know and we'll get the information up as quickly as possible.
The shortened URL for this page is: http://uof.sc/physlabs
Summer 2023 PHYS 201L, 202L, 211L and 212L information
For Spring 2023:
All PHYS 201/211H/202/212 Labs start on January 9th, 2023 with an orientation.
PHYS 211 Labs (Studio) start on January 9th, 2023. Please attend the first class
on January 9th for more details.
Please address questions via email to Mr. James Clawson (email@example.com) or
call the departmental office at (803) 777-8105.
- Schedule, directory info, and e-mail links for the laboratory instructors, the faculty and support staff are found here. If
you need to contact your instructor or the faculty in charge of your course, this
is the place to go.
- A complete listing of all the current laboratory project descriptions for PHYS 201L, PHYS 202L,
PHYS 211L (honors) and PHYS 212L are found here. This is where you go to print, or view your copy of the project descriptions.
- PHYS 201L Experiment Videos
- PHYS 202L Experiment Videos
- PHYS 211L Experiment Videos (not studio physics)
- PHYS 212L Experiment Videos
- How to prepare an Oral Presentation.
- Data Analysis, Uncertainty, and Graphing How-To [pdf]
- Graph paper available for download.
- Orientation slide show [pptx] for 200 level physics labs (201L,202L,211L(honors) ,212L).
- A PDF version of the orientation slide show serves as the syllabus for the course.