Vaccines on campus
University Health Services (UHS) has been authorized to dispense the Moderna and the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine on our campus. Those who are eligible to make an appointment can do so via MyHealthSpace. Faculty, staff, students and members of the public can also get a walk-up vaccine during the UHS vaccine clinic days, Tuesday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. beginning June 8.
Anyone aged 12 and up can also access the vaccine through community vaccination sites nationwide, and we encourage you to make an appointment at a location near you.
While we can currently only administer the vaccine on our Columbia campus, appointments are available to all eligible individuals in the UofSC System. It is important to note that University Health Services currently receives the Moderna and the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, which are NOT approved for those under age 18.
How to schedule a campus vaccine appointment
Appointments can be made online through MyHealthSpace by following the below steps. If you would like to make an appointment by phone, call 803-544-7468 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- Go to MyHealthSpace, select your university designation and log in using your university username and password. Then, input your birth date.
- Select "Check in or Schedule an Appointment," then click "Schedule an Appointment."
- Select your university designation, and then click "Continue."
- Select "Schedule a COVID 19 Vaccine," and then click "Continue."
- Select which vaccine you would like to have administered, and then click "Continue."
- Confirm your contact information by clicking "Continue," and then provide your electronic signature for the vaccine consent form.
- Search for and select the appointment time that works best for you and then click "Continue."
- To finish the process, click "Confirm."
From 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays in June, anyone wishing to get vaccinated may get one through the UHS vaccine clinic – no appointment necessary.
How to upload your vaccination card to MyHealthSpace
Once you have been fully vaccinated – by receiving two doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine – you should upload your completed vaccination card in order to become exempt from required monthly testing. Here's how to do it:
- Log into MyHealthSpace using your UofSC network username and password
- Click the Medical Clearances tab.
- Click the green Update button next to COVID Test/Vaccine.
- Attach a photo of your vaccine card or record.
- Enter your vaccination date(s) and choose which vaccine you received. Click Done.
- Your status should now say Under Review, and will change to Compliant after it is confirmed by University Health Services.
For any questions or concerns about coronavirus that have not been addressed on this page, please contact us using the form below.