Apply to be a Peer Educator
New Peer educator applications will be accepted in Spring 2021. Email email@example.com for more information in the meantime.
SAPE Peer Educators
Our peer educators are a diverse group of students selected to provide education on alcohol, drugs and addiction to other UofSC students. They encourage healthy decisions, promote low-risk use and help reduce stigma.
Greeks for SAPE
These UofSC fraternity and sorority members encourage healthy decisions and responsible use of drugs and alcohol for members of their chapters and the Greek community. In addition to educational outreach, they offer advice for sound risk management.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA or higher
- Non-judgmental, open mind to different experiences and perceptions about substance use
- The desire to advocate for healthy decision making regarding alcohol and other substances through risk reduction strategies
- Creativity, program planning experience, and campus involvement preferred
- Successful completion of SAPE Peers application and interview process
- Attend ongoing SAPE trainings to build knowledge and skills for facilitating presentations/workshops
- Advocate for healthy decisions about alcohol and other substances
- Facilitate substance abuse prevention workshops, presentations and programming
- Participate in weekly meetings, presentations, events and other scheduled functions
- SAPE training will be ongoing
- Eight hours per month for SAPE Peers and Greeks for SAPE