Skip to Content

Education Abroad Office

  • girl in Paris, France

Graduate and Professional Students

Graduate and professional students traveling abroad for university-related purposes register with our office, per UofSC policy ACAF 2.09. Graduate students participating in UofSC faculty-led Global Classroom Programs should register according to those guidelines


Step 1: Complete the initial application using the “APPLY NOW” link above.

Step 2: Log into your application and complete all Part One requirements.

  • Program Selection
  • Make sure you include Program Name
  • Four agreements
  • Submit

Step 3: Complete the COVID-19 Safety Plan, unless you are participating in a formal and approved education abroad program (e.g. Global Classroom, MIB dual degree). If your destination if on the University Travel Warning List, you do not need to submit a separate COVID-19 Safety Plan as your Higher Risk Travel Safety Plan will also address COVID-19.

Step 4: Education Abroad will Pre-Approve your application.

If you have not received communication within two weeks after submitting Part One, please contact our office at

Step 5: Log into your application and complete all Part Two requirements.

  • Financial Aid Pre-Screen Form, if applicable.
  • Passport Upload
  • Medical Information
  • Pre-Departure Modules 

Step 6: Education Abroad will contact you regarding Final Approval.

If you are applying for an MIB program, please also contact your advisor in the Moore School.

*If you will be transferring credits to UofSC as part of your international experience, you also need to complete the Education Abroad Approval Form. Please contact our office at if you need this form.

* If you are traveling abroad to complete a healthcare-related rotation where you will be practicing hands-on patient care, you are required to purchase medical malpractice insurance through Arthur J. Gallagher.  Please contact our office at for further instructions on purchasing this coverage.


Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.