Skip to Content

Student Conduct and Academic Integrity

Case Outcomes

If you are found responsible, outcomes will be assigned. It is our hope that you will accept your outcome as a learning opportunity.

Outcome Submission Form

Submit paperwork and other documents related to your case.



Code of Conduct outcomes and Honor Code outcomes range depending on:

  • the nature and severity of your actions.
  • any previous violations or disciplinary actions.
  • any unusual circumstances surrounding the incident.
  • the rationale of your actions.
  • the outcomes in similar, previous cases. 
  • harm to others and community impact.

Other Consequences

You may face outcomes beyond educational outcomes as a result of your incident. Penalties range from educational intervention to suspension, with combinations of penalties possible. For most first offenses, outcomes are designed to be educational in nature and help students learn from mistakes.

Federal laws (FERPA) protect your educational records (which include disciplinary records) from being accessed by others without your permission. However, there are occasions in which the federal act allows the Office of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity to notify parents of the outcome of a student’s disciplinary case.

When We Notify Your Parents or Guardians
We may notify parents of your offense if you are under 21 and have violated the university policy regarding alcohol or other drugs.

Requesting a Student's Disciplinary Record
Parents will not automatically be notified when their student becomes involved in the disciplinary process. If parents would like information regarding their student’s disciplinary history or status, they can ask their student to sign a waiver allowing us to release that information.
Consent to Release Information Form 

If you are found responsible for an Honor Code violation, it may be documented on your transcript next to the class in which the violation occurred, if you were sanctioned a transcript notation. 

If you are suspended from the university, a notation will appear on your transcript for the length of the term of your suspension.

If you are expelled, a permanent notation will appear on your transcript.

Request for Disciplinary Records
Other universities frequently request disciplinary records when a student applies for graduate school or decides to transfer. For us to release your records, you will be asked to sign a Disciplinary Reference Check Form.

We will maintain records for cases that have been resolved with educational or administrative outcomes less than suspension or expulsion for six years from the end of the academic year in which the offense occurred. Records where the administrative outcome was suspension or expulsion will be maintained indefinitely.

Grade Penalty
The professor of the course may exact a grade penalty of his or her choosing, including assigning an F grade for the course or assignment.

If your scholarship provider requires a conduct clearance, you must sign a waiver permitting us to release the information so that your scholarship provider can determine whether your eligibility is affected.

Contesting an Administrative Conference

If you disagree with the decision in your hearing, you can elect to have your case reheard by a panel of your peers.
Carolina Judicial Council Hearing »


Student Conduct and Academic Integrity

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.