Thank you for your interest in becoming a Greek Ambassador. Information about the next class of Greek Ambassadors will be available in Fall 2021.
Please note that this is an opportunity to serve the Fraternity/Sorority Community and it is not expected that you have any prior knowledge of the community as a whole, but rather that you have an interest in learning. Our office will ensure that you have appropriate training before beginning in this leadership role, so do not let limited knowledge of other Greek organizations or the community at large hinder you from applying for this great opportunity!
- Interact with prospective students and families during select University Admissions events.
- Assist with the monthly GREEKServe service outings to foster positive community relations and engage with our core value of service.
- Participate in the recording of online webinars and Q&As on various topics that will be posted to the FSL website as an additional resource for interested students and their families.
- Assist FSL staff with leadership programming initiatives (Greek Leadership Conference, Men’s Leadership Conference, Women’s Leadership Conference, etc.) as needed.
- For a handful of interested ambassadors that remain in Columbia for the summer: Lead the Fraternity and Sorority Life presentations during new student orientation.
- Initiated member of a University of South Carolina fraternity/sorority within CPA, IFC, MGC, or NPHC
- In good standing with your respective chapter and the Office of Student Conduct
- 3.0 cumulative GPA, which must be maintained while serving in this leadership role
- Effective speaking and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of professionalism and friendliness
- Motivated and passionate about serving the Carolina fraternal community
- Attend all monthly meetings
- Have availability to serve during Admissions and GreekSERVE events
- Total at least 10 hours of Greek Ambassador-related commitments (Open House, GreekSERVE, webinars, assisting
at an FSL event, etc.) including:
- Work a minimum of one Admissions event/semester
- Attend a minimum of two GreekSERVE events/semester
- Attend all events for which you volunteer or are assigned
- Total at least 10 hours of Greek Ambassador-related commitments (Open House, GreekSERVE, webinars, assisting at an FSL event, etc.) including:
- Be a positive role model within the fraternity and sorority community
- Display an interest in representing all of Carolina Fraternity and Sorority Life and a willingness to learn about the entire fraternity and sorority community
- Maintain good relationships with other organizations within the fraternity and sorority community