Individual Job Shadows
You can meet with an Experiential Education Manager to discuss your interests, identify an individual to contact, and receive guidance in a job shadowing opportunity. If you are not quite ready to visit a job site for a job shadow, find out more about a career by asking an expert through an informational interview.
Pathways to Professions Group Job Shadow Program
Our Pathways to Professions program connects a group of students with employers for a 2 to 4-hour job shadow. You can see what a typical work day looks like, make connections to people within an industry and determine if this type of job is a good fit with your interests and goals. Each year there are approximately 10 pathways available in a variety of different industries.
- Free of charge!
- All majors and class years are welcome on ALL pathways!
- Usually occur on Friday mornings throughout the Fall and Spring Semesters
- A variety of locations generally within a 2-hour radius of Columbia
- Transportation included and organized by the USC Career Center
- A great learning opportunity!
Join the Career Center to shadow individuals in the professional world. You can view upcoming Pathways to Professions and register in the events section of Handshake. Join the Career Center to take a tour and talk about career options with an employer organization. You can view upcoming Pathways and register in the events section of Handshake.