- all on-campus interview opportunities are advertised in Handshake
- most on-campus interviews have an application deadline four weeks prior to the scheduled interview date
- interviews typically involve an employer review and pre-selection process from the resumes that are submitted
- by submitting your resume you are making a good-faith commitment to the employer that
you will follow through with an on-campus interview if selected (please refer to No
Show Policy below)
The Interview Process
The application and scheduling process for on-campus interviews is all conducted through your Handshake account.
How to Be Considered for an On-Campus Interview
Not only are the interview opportunities initially advertised in Handshake, but you will also use your Handshake account to apply, and to upload your resume. You will be notified through Handshake if you have been selected to sign up for an interview.
Scheduling Your Interview
If you are selected by an employer to participate in the on-campus interview process, you will need to sign up for an interview time slot in Handhshake.
What to Wear
The attire for on-campus interviews is business professional. This includes suits, dresses, button-down shirts/tie, etc. The interviews conducted on campus are no different than those that would be conducted at the company.
No Show Policy
An on-campus interview “No Show” is defined as someone whosubmits a resume expressing interest in an on-campus interview and is accepted by an employer for an interview but:
- declines the interview invitation for any reason other than having already secured employment
- simply does not sign up for a scheduled interview time
- cancels the interview after signing up for a scheduled interview time in less than 48 hours prior to the interview
- does not report to the interview
A student/alum may decline an interview invitation (if having already secured employment) or may cancel an interview without incurring a no-show penalty if they email the employer a letter of apology and explanation at least 48 hours prior to the interview date.
If declining an interview invitation due to having already secured employment, the student/alum must also complete the Career Center's Annual Graduation Survey online to report their hire. Alumni who graduated more than one year prior may not be able to complete this survey.
In both cases, when you send your apology and explanation to the employer, please also copy Career Center recruiting coordinator, Barbie Smrekar, at firstname.lastname@example.org.