The University of South Carolina Career Center offers two programs for you to enroll in for your experiential experience: The Carolina Internship Program (CIP) and the Co-op program. The Carolina Internship and Co-op program allows you to maintain your full-time student status while completing an internship or co-op without having to re-apply to the university and petition back into your academic college.
The Carolina Internship and Co-op program serves as a structured learning component to help you enrich your career planning and preparation through faciliated analysis and reflection of your experience. The goal is to enhance your undertanding and awareness of your professional knowledge, skills, and abilities you develop to aid in your full-time job searching and your lifelong career management.
- Demonstrate an interest in your professional career.
- Demonstrate principles outlined in the Carolinian Creed.
- Be in good academic standing (have a least a cumulative GPA of 2.5 @ USC.
- Have completed at least 15 college-level credit hours prior to start of experience.
- Obtain full access account and resume approval in Handshake.
- For International Students Only: Must be approved by the USC office of International Student Services and complete a Curricular Practical Training Application.
- Complete enrollment meeting and sign student agreement before the drop/add deadline.
- Successfully complete all CIP/Co-op program requirements.