Opportunities to Engage with Students
In-person information tabling and virtual sessions are very common and popular ways to interact with students. These free services are quick and easy branding opportunities for your organization and are highly recommended for recruiting at USC.
In-person tabling is offered Tuesday-Thursday from 10am-3pm, with the exception of school holidays, which can be found in our Recruitment Calendar.
Virtual sessions can be scheduled at your availability through Handshake.
- Create an account or log into your existing account in Handshake, our online recruiting system.
- If you are a new employer or contact, your Handshake profile will be reviewed and approved within 72 hours.
- Once you are approved, log in and select the Events link on the left bar of your Handshake homepage. Select Request Event in the top right toolbar to post your event request. Note: events will not be approved until campus space has been confirmed.
- Select New Event Request from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the requested information, and click Save and Continue. Your request will be submitted to our office. Once processed, a member of our team will contact you.
The Career Center offers other engagement activities including:
- Resume Reviews
- Classroom visits and student organization workshops (subject to availability)
- Career Center led workshops with guest employer panelists
- Pathways to Professions (virtual experiences that promote education and career exploration beyond the classroom)
The above list of bulleted events involve more planning, so please let our office know as early as possible of your interest. Please complete our Engagement Interest Survey for consideration.
Please contact Derrin Perkins (email@example.com) for questions regarding campus-wide engagement opportunities and Kati Jennings (firstname.lastname@example.org) for engagement opportunities specific to the College of Engineering & Computing.