Spring 2020 Trips
Plan to take an adventure with us!
1. Click here to sign up for an adventure trip!
2. Once submitted, you'll be directed to an online store to complete payment. Registration for each trip closes at midnight the Sunday before the trip.
Break away from class, bring a friend or two and come join us for a day hike to summit the highest mountain in South Carolina. No more excuses! Let’s go outside!
$25/person, 12 person max, closes midnight on Jan 26.
Whether you're already crushing or just wanting to test the waters of outdoor bouldering, our Rumbling Bald day trip invites you! ORec staff plan the day, bring the gear, and provide coaching so you can focus on your climbing and getting outside.
$30/person, 10 person max, closes midnight on Feb 9
If you’ve been wanting to try out backpacking or are just looking for a group to get on the trail with, come join us for a quick but satisfying weekend trip. We’ll provide all the instruction, logistics, and gear you need in order to make fun memories and come away with some backpacking knowhow.
$65/person, 8 person max, closes midnight on Mar. 15
Take a plunge paddling class III rapids on the Nantahala, one of the Southeast’s classic rivers! Price includes transportation, guides, and all paddling equipment.
$65/person, 12 person max, closes midnight on Mar. 29
Spend a weekend on the water paddling and camping amidst towering trees and diverse wildlife. This trip includes all gear rentals, food, and transportation. Let ORec staff facilitate an adventure for you and some friends in the largest old growth bottomland forest in the Southeast.
$50/person, 10 person max, closes midnight on Apr. 12
Come explore Huntington Beach State Park on our state’s coastline. We’ll be paddleboarding the parks waterways and enjoying it’s beach areas, hopefully catching a glimpse of some unique wildlife that calls this area home.
$25, 12 person max, closes midnight on Apr. 19
What You Need to Know
- Pre-trip meetings are mandatory. Every trip has a pre-trip meeting, which is mandatory. Find the meeting date in your trip's itinerary.
- Trips are open to all USC students, faculty and staff.
- All trips will only require beginner skill levels, unless otherwise noted.
- Your payment covers transportation, equipment, permits/fees and instruction.
- Items you need to bring will be listed in your itinerary.
- You must show proof of health insurance to sign up.
You must cancel at least 14 days prior to the trip to get a refund. After that, no refunds will be given.
We will give you a full refund if the trip is cancelled due to low registration, weather or other extenuating circumstances.