Summer 2019 Trips
Plan to take an adventure with us!
1. Click here to sign up for an adventure trip!
2. Once submitted, you'll be directed to an online store to complete payment. Registration for each trip closes on Friday at noon a week before the trip.
|Lake Murray paddle boarding||June 7, July 26, Aug. 9||Lake Murray, SC||$0|
- Join us for an afternoon of paddle boarding on Lake Murray.
- Outdoor Recreation will provide stand up paddle board, PFD, paddle, and instruction.
- Participants are responsible for providing their own lunches/snacks for the day.
- Lake Murray public beach
Deadlines and Costs:
- 7 spots are available.
- The last day to sign up for the June 7 trip is Friday, May 31, 2019 by noon
- Meet at Outdoor Recreation Rental Shop by 11 a.m.
- Pump up boards and eat lunch on the beach.
- Spend a few hours paddling.
- Arrive back in Columbia 5 p.m. (subject to change)
What to Bring:
- Personal Essentials:
- Inhaler, epi-pen, prescription medications, feminine hygiene products etc.
- 2 liters of water (please try to bring a water bottle that can be easily hooked onto something)
- Bathing suit, boardshorts or swim trunks
- Hat or shirt to protect from the sun
- Change of clothes
- Snacks/Lunch: (ORec will not be providing any meals)
- Suggestions include: Granola/energy bars, bagels, tortillas, sandwich, nuts, humus, tortillas, jerky, apples, trail mix, cheese and crackers, etc.
For more information, please contact:
- Ashley Hamada - firstname.lastname@example.org
What You Need to Know
- Pre-trip meetings are mandatory. Every trip has a pre-trip meeting, which is mandatory. Find the meeting date in your trip's itinerary.
- Trips are open to all USC students, faculty and staff.
- All trips will only require beginner skill levels, unless otherwise noted.
- Your payment covers transportation, equipment, permits/fees and instruction.
- Items you need to bring will be listed in your itinerary.
- You must show proof of health insurance to sign up.
You must cancel at least 14 days prior to the trip to get a refund. After that, no refunds will be given.
We will give you a full refund if the trip is cancelled due to low registration, weather or other extenuating circumstances.