Activity Area Rules
Facility Rules apply at all times when participating in areas or programs controlled by Campus Recreation. Any rules or guidelines listed below apply in addition to facility rules listed here.
- Patrons must use their own physical CarolinaCard is required to access Campus Recreation facilities
- All patrons are required to enter through the front entrance/welcome desk to access our facility
- Alcohol, tobacco, and illegal items are prohibited in Campus Recreation facilities.
- No food or open drink containers are permitted beyond the turnstiles/in activity areas.
- Appropriate athletic clothing must be worn inside the facilities at all times.
- Facility space and equipment must be used as intended. Campus Recreation staff may make determinations regarding the nature of usage.
- No animals are permitted in the facility/on property unless they are a certified service animal.
- Patrons should disinfect any equipment before and after use.
- Reduced capacity may be enforced for our spaces and activities.
- Staff and student employee direction/guidance must be followed at all times.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to use the weight and fitness rooms.
- Please wipe all touched surfaces before and after use with disinfectant.
- Appropriate athletic attire is required in Campus Recreation Weight Rooms.
- Closed-toe, athletic footwear is required.
- Clothing or items that may damage equipment, must not be worn.
- Patrons should use extreme caution to avoid potential injuries to themselves or others.
- All weight training should be performed in a controlled, safe manner. Dropping, slamming, or bouncing of weights is prohibited.
- Use of equipment in ways other than its designed function is prohibited.
- Clips are required on plate loaded barbells.
- All equipment must be returned to appropriate racks when finished.
- The use of chalk is prohibited.
- Weights and bars should not lean up against mirrors.
- Users should report any injury or facility equipment irregularity to the staff member on duty. Patrons are responsible for checking equipment prior to each use.
- Improper behavior is prohibited and subject to immediate disciplinary actions.
- Facility is not responsible for lost/stolen items
- Intermittent clean-up may occur at any time during operations for safety/sanitary reasons.
- Patrons unfamiliar with the operation of any of the exercise machines should contact the staff member on duty for assistance.
- Please follow posted direction on indoor track.
- Joggers - Outside Lane.
- Walkers - Inside Lane.
- Spectating or loitering on the track is prohibited.
- Spiked shoes are prohibited.
- Pool access is prohibited unless lifeguards are present.
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn at all times.
- Extended underwater breath-holding is NOT permitted.
- There should be no running, boisterous, or rough play in the pool area.
- Diving is not permitted, all entry must be feet first.
- Entrance through the outdoor pool gate access is not permitted.
- Glass is prohibited in the pool area.
- All patrons should shower prior to entering the pools/spa.
- Persons with open wounds are not permitted in the pool.
- All floatation devices must be US Coastguard approved, and are subject to approval by Campus Recreation staff.
- High-risk individuals should consult their physician before spa use.
- Patrons should spend no more than 15 minutes in the spa within one session.
- Campus Recreation will follow all policies as outlined in the DHEC Public Swimming Pool Regulations 61-51.
- No more than 26 patrons in the sauna at one time.
- Do not apply any liquids to the heating element.
- Users are discouraged from wearing excessive clothing while using the sauna.
- High-risk individuals should consult their physician before sauna use.
- Patrons should spend no more than 15 minutes in the sauna within one session.
Patrons must present their own physical & valid CarolinaCard for entry
- Our entry system utilizes physical card scanners to allow entry for patrons
- Our entry system DOES NOT support GET Mobile (App based CarolinaCard)
- While areas such as Sport Programs may use it to check you in for activities when indoors or outdoors, you MUST use your physical card to get into our facilities
Unwanted recording, photography, and other multimedia of patrons is not permitted. Permission to film others must be obtained.
- Equipment & persons should not be a hindrance or disturbance to any patron, program or service.
- Videography/Photography in restrooms & locker rooms is strictly prohibited.
- Outside videography/photography requests (non-students/members) must be approved in
- Please contact SACamRec@mailbox.sc.edu at least 5 business days prior to your anticipated visit.
- Campus Recreation employees have the authority to monitor videography/photography/multimedia activity and regulate & restrict as they deem necessary.
- Reservations are required to attend classes. You must register through IMLeagues.
- Class Times are Subject to Change – All schedules are subject to change. Classes may be cancelled temporarily and permanently based on low attendance or other reasons. Check IMLeagues.com
- No show policy – Participants are expected to register and/or unregister at least 30 minutes prior
to scheduled Group X classes.
- If a participant fails to unregister for classes and is absent in class continuously, they may be subject to suspension from Group X class participation.
- Arriving Late – No one will be allowed to enter a class more than five minutes after the start time
due to safety concerns.
- Personal Belongings - A personal water bottle, personal exercise mat, and exercise towel are permitted.
- Cell Phones and Electronics – Using your cell phone or other personal electronics is prohibited during class.
Participants should visit the Sport Rules page to see updated participation manuals, sport rules, and more.
The purpose of the Student Code of Conduct is to articulate the university’s authority
disciplinary action against a student in accordance with procedure and due process protections.
The Code of Conduct also identifies prohibited conduct and sanctions for violations of prohibited
The Code of Conduct applies at all times in Campus Recreation controlled spaces and programs.
The University of South Carolina is committed to providing a safe educational environment for everyone, cultivating a community that fosters respect for the dignity and rights of all persons. Therefore, hazing will not be tolerated by any group or individual affiliated with the University.
Students, faculty, and staff with a valid CarolinaCard may rent outdoor recreation equipment from the Outdoor Recreation Hub during scheduled office hours.
The Outdoor Recreation Trip Program and Clinics have inherent risks which help create the adventure.
Outside user groups are defined as any group consisting of individuals other than students, faculty, staff, alumni membership holders, or family membership holders. Also, any non-academic programs designed to raise revenue or where fees or dues are levied are considered to be outside user groups. Outside user groups are allowed access to the Blatt Physical Education Center and outside space on an availability basis.