Campus Recreation COVID-19 Screening Survey
Participants must complete this screening survey daily in order to be allowed access to Campus Recreation facilities.
We need your help in keeping everyone healthy and safe. In accordance with UofSC, local, state, and fitness industry guidelines, Campus Recreation has made the following changes to promote safety during this unprecedented time:
- Please see our Hours & Schedules page for modified hours
- A CarolinaCard will be required for entry of all patrons.
- Anyone (18 and older) with a Blatt membership may utilize the STWFC until August 3.
- No guests or guest passes will be permitted.
- Face coverings will be required to enter the facility, and in all non-activity spaces.
- Face coverings are not required in fitness/activity spaces.
- All employees and patrons will be required to complete our screening survey and temperature check prior to entering the STWFC.
- Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 are not limited to but do include cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, a temperature greater than 100⁰F.
- Anyone who has a measured temperature of greater than 100⁰F should contact the Coronavirus Phone Bank at 803-576-8511
- If you have been exposed to someone showing these symptoms or who has tested positive recently, please contact your healthcare provider.
- Patrons should wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water before using equipment and disinfect equipment before and after use.
- The entry system is touch free.
- Capacities are reduced throughout activity spaces.
- Reservation systems are available for Group X, Climbing Wall and Indoor Swimming Lanes
- Maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance. Multiple physical distance grids (6’x10’ matrix) have been established to clearly define personal workout spaces.
- Traffic flow patterns have been marked throughout the facility.
- Increased and thorough cleaning will be conducted using an approved hospital grade disinfectant.
- Increased sanitization stations will be available.
- Plexi-glass barriers will be installed where appropriate.
- No items will be available for check-out from Equipment Issue.
- Personal bags should be put in the locker room. They MUST be placed in cubbies if brought into the fitness space.
- Personal items brought into activity spaces will be limited to:
- Water bottles, swim googles/cap, bath and or sweat towel, and small personal fitness items (yoga mat, jump rope, weight belt, lifting straps, etc.)
- No sporting equipment will be allowed.
- All professional staff and student employees, except group fitness instructors, will be required to wear face covering.
- They will complete enhanced cleanliness and sanitization training.
Re-opening Frequently Asked Questions
- COVER – cough (or sneeze) into the crook of your elbow or into a tissue that is immediately thrown away
- CLEAN – Frequently wash your hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds – about the time it takes to sing Happy Birthday twice.
- CONTAIN – Stay home when you are sick until you have been free of fever for 72 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
Currently Closed/Not Available
Athletic Training (AT) Clinic
Blatt PE Center
Close-contact/Shared equipment sports
Outdoor Recreation Bike and Rental Shop
STWFC Fields 1-3
STWFC Outdoor Pool & Sand Volleyball
STWFC Racquetball & Squash Courts