In addition to sports clubs, which travel and compete with other schools, current University of South Carolina students, faculty, staff, spouses, and CarolinaCard-holding Gamecock Gateway/EPI students can participate in on-campus intramural sports. Anyone can play intramurals – whether you lettered in high school, or have never kicked a ball.
The corec, fraternity, men’s, sorority and women’s teams are recreational and usually have one game per week (3 – 4 games per season). Games typically occur after 3 p.m. on weekdays and Sunday afternoons or evenings.
Leagues and Tournaments Offered
Summer registration is now open!
Summer A sports:
3v3 Basketball ($10/team)
2v2 Sand Volleyball ($10/team)
2v2 Cornhole ($10/team)
4v4 Bowling ($36/person)
The registration deadline for all Summer A sports will be May 29. Be sure to bring cash, check, or CarolinaCash to the Intramural Sports office to sign up your team!
Summer B sports:
2v2 Pickleball ($10/team)
5v5 Outdoor Soccer ($10/team)
2v2 Pool Spikeball Tournament (free)
The registration deadline for all Summer B sports will be July 1. Be sure to bring cash, check, or CarolinaCash to the Intramural Sports office to sign up your team!
If you are interested in playing golf this summer, we are offering a 9-hole golf opportunity at Oak Hills Golf Club for $10/week. Contact the Intramurall Sports office to learn more!
- Basketball – 3 v 3 (Fall)
- Basketball – 5 v 5 (Spring)
- Bowling – 4 v 4 (Fall & Spring)
- Dodgeball – 6 v 6 (Fall)
- Dodgeball – 8 v 8 (Spring)
- Flag Football – 4 v 4 (Spring)
- Flag Football – 7 v 7 (Fall)
- Floor Hockey – 6 v 6 (Spring)
- Futsal - 5 v 5 (Spring)
- Golf Scramble – 4 Person (Fall & Spring)
- Kickball (Fall & Spring)
- Racquetball (Fall & Spring)
- Soccer - Indoor – 5 v 5 (Fall)
- Soccer - Outdoor – 7 v 7 (Spring)
- Softball – 10 v 10 (Fall & Spring)
- Ultimate Frisbee – 7 v 7 (Spring)
- Volleyball - Indoor – 6 v 6 (Fall)
- Volleyball - Sand – 4 v 4 (Fall & Spring)
- Table Tennis (Fall & Spring)
- Tennis (Fall & Spring)
- Wiffleball – 6 v 6 (Spring)
- Dodgeball Tournament - 6 v 6 (Fall)
- Pool Battleship Tournament (Fall & Spring)
- Spikeball Tournament - 2 v 2 (Spring)
Weather Cancellations (RecCheck Hotline)
5 Steps to a Winning Intramural Experience
- Choose which sport(s) you would like to play.
- Find teammates through your residence hall, clubs, organizations, classes. You can also email the intramural sports office at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional options to form a team.
- Have a team representative (captain) visit the intramural sports office (Strom WFC room 201-D) to register your team before the deadline. The intramural sports office accepts cash, check, and Carolina Cash for team payments.
- Once registered, create your team on www.imleagues.com and invite your teammates to join your team.
- Follow us on Instagram @uofsc_campusrec for the latest updates and HAVE FUN!