To help protect the health and safety of the University of South Carolina community and all our visitors, we have put in place the following measures for campus visitors based on public health directives from the State of South Carolina and the City of Columbia:
- Timed tickets: free admission tickets are available by the hour and up to two months in advance. Each guest is required to register in advance.
- Limited gallery capacity: McKissick’s gallery capacities are severely limited and enforced.
- Face coverings are required: visitors are asked to bring a face covering to wear when coming to campus. In accordance with UofSC policy, guests aged 3 and above are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times inside any building on campus.
- Maintain physical distancing: visitors should maintain physical distancing of a minimum of 6 feet of distance from others at all times while exploring McKissick Museum.
- Maintain proper hand hygiene: visitors are asked to maintain proper hand hygiene while on campus by washing hands or utilizing hand sanitizer that is provided.
- Monitor your own symptoms prior to your arrival to campus. If you feel sick and/or have a temperature of 100.4 or above, please stay home and reschedule your visit, even if it is the morning of.
- Please be aware of COVID-19 symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. Do not visit campus if you or a guest are exhibiting any of these symptoms. An updated list of current COVID-19 symptoms can be found on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website.
- Monitor our UofSC COVID-19 Dashboard. Our COVID-19 Dashboard is a helpful resource to learn about current campus conditions.
- Refrain from arriving at McKissick Museum any earlier than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled ticket time. Visitors to the Museum may use our main entrance facing the Horseshoe or opt to use our accessible side entrance facing the small Osborne parking lot.
Please be advised that we reserve the right to forfeit your time slot if you arrive 15 minutes after your designated ticket time.
McKissick Museum is located on the University of South Carolina’s Historic Horseshoe. Metered parking can be found on the first two levels of the Pendleton Street Garage as well as street side adjacent to the Museum. Please be sure to plan enough time to secure a parking spot. Handicapped parking spots are available in the small parking lot at the intersection of Bull and Pendleton Streets.