Graduate students may give poster presentations on their research, scholarly or creative work at Discover USC 2023.
Hanging your poster
If you will be presenting a poster at Discover USC, you do not need to bring anything (tacks, tape, etc.) to hang your poster. Four t-pins will be in place at your poster slot when you arrive. Please use the t-pins to fasten your poster to the board for the duration of your presentation, then leave them in the board for the next presenter or for the clean-up crew.
- Plan to stay for your entire presentation session, taking only short breaks if needed.
- Come prepared to talk about your project with a wide variety of people, including both general and expert audiences.
- Know where to go. As the event date approaches, you will receive your personal presentation details like poster number or three-minute thesis timeslot via email.
Content of graduate student poster presentations is up to the presenter. For some competitive awards, graduate student poster presentations might have to satisfy certain requirements, so please be sure to check and conform to any applicable guidelines.
- The recommended poster size is four feet high by 3.5 feet wide. These dimensions will allow two posters to fit side by side on the poster boards.
- We understand that some presenters might need to re-use their posters at other conferences
with different dimension requirements. To accommodate this, presenters may size their
posters to fit within our minimum and maximum requirements.
- Posters must be a minimum of two feet by three feet (oriented horizontally or vertically).
- The maximum allowable size is four feet by four feet (the outer vertical edge will curl around the display board if the poster is four-feet wide).
- We recommend having posters printed at USC Printing Services on vinyl, rather than paper.
On presentation day, the poster room will open 30 minutes prior to the beginning of your session and displays must be up by the start time. All materials must be removed immediately after the session. If you will not be present, you must make arrangements for removal. Any items left will be thrown away.