What To Do
1. Remain calm.
2. Call USCPD at 911 in an emergency or 803-777-4215.
Tell the dispatcher:
- Your location
- The person's behavior and physical description
- Person's location or direction of travel
- What you saw
- When and where it happened
Stay on the phone until released by the dispatcher.
Signs of Workplace Violence
- Threats, threatening behavior, displays of aggression or excessive anger
- A history of threats or violent acts
- Unusual fascination with weapons
- Verbal abuse of coworkers and/or customers or harassment via phone or e-mail
- Bizarre comments or behavior, especially if it includes violent content
- Holding grudges, inability to handle criticism, habitually making excuses, and/or blaming others
- Chronic, hypersensitive complaints about persecution or injustice
- Making jokes or offensive comments about violent acts
- Significant changes in mood or behavior