Report Suspicious Activity
If you see suspicious activity, call USCPD at 911 or 803-777-4215.
What To Do
If you receive a bomb threat, act quickly and notify the police immediately.
1. Do not touch or move the letter. Keep others from handling it or going near it so it's not altered or destroyed.
2. Call USCPD. Dial 911 or the non-emergency number 803-777-4215 depending on the situation.
3. State your location and report the information from the threat. Stay on the phone until released by the dispatcher.
1. Do not hang up. Remain calm and keep the caller on the line as long as possible.
2. Listen carefully. Obtain as much information as possible. Ask questions like:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb right now?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does it look like?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Where did you place the bomb?
- What's your name?
3. Take notes about the call and caller:
- Identity: Age range, male or female
- Voice and Speech
- Background Noise
- Time of Call
- Exact Words
- Phone Number or Caller ID
4. Call or have someone else call 911. State your location and report the threat information. If you are unable to speak, dial 911 and leave the line open to allow the officer to listen to the conversation.