The university Committee on Tenure and Promotion (UCTP) is an important faculty committee composed of 24 tenured, full professors. The UCTP formally evaluates and votes on all tenure and promotion files.
The committee then reports its recommendations directly to the president. The UCTP works with the Office of the Provost and has final approval for all revisions to the statements of criteria and procedures for tenure and promotion submitted by the various academic units at the university.
Finally, the UCTP provides guidance on the tenure and promotion process to units and candidates. Units can find help preparing and revising their criteria and procedures for tenure and/or promotion in the UCTP Guidelines for Units: Preparing Criteria and Files [pdf] document. Guidance for the compilation, submission, and confidential handling of tenure or promotion files can also be found in the UCTP Guidelines document.
The UCTP also organizes an annual spring workshop on reading day for colleagues applying for tenure and promotion.
Elected Committee Members
- Joshua Tebbs, Statistics (2015) - Chair
- Paul MacKenzie, History (2015)
- Michelle Martin, Mass Communications & Info Studies (2015)
- David Miller, English/Lang. & Lit. (2015)
- David Reisman, Biological Sciences (2015)
- Larry Durstine, Public Health (2016)
- Camelia Knapp, Earth and Ocean Sciences (2016)
- Christopher Rorden, Psychology (2016)
- Marco Valtorta, Computer Science and Engineering (2016)
- Larry Wyatt, Music (2016)
- Bonnie Drewniany, Journalism and Mass Communications (2017)
- Mark Ferguson, Management Science (2017)
- Venkat Laksmi, Earth and Ocean Sciences (2017)
- Srihari Nelakuditi, Computer Science and Engineering (2017)
- Alan Waldman, Biological Sciences (2017)
Appointed Committee Members
- Melayne McInnes, Economics (2015)
- Walter Pratt, Law (2015)
- Terry Wolfer, Social Work (2015)
- Kim Creek, Pharmacy (2016)
- Thomas Hebert, Education (2016)
- Sherry Thatcher, Management (2016)
- Mohammod Ali, Computer Science and Engineering (2017)
- Don Doyle, History (2017)
- Agnes Mueller, Languages, Literatures, and Cultures (2017)