The university Committee on Tenure and Promotion (UCTP) is an important faculty committee composed of 24 tenured, full professors. The UCTP formally evaluates and votes on all tenure and promotion files.
The committee then reports its recommendations directly to the president. The UCTP works with the Office of the Provost and has final approval for all revisions to the statements of criteria and procedures for tenure and promotion submitted by the various academic units at the university.
Finally, the UCTP provides guidance on the tenure and promotion process to units and candidates. Units can find help preparing and revising their criteria and procedures for tenure and/or promotion in the UCTP Guidelines for Units: Preparing Criteria and Files [pdf] document. Guidance for the compilation, submission, and confidential handling of tenure or promotion files can also be found in the UCTP Guidelines document.
The UCTP also organizes an annual spring workshop on reading day for colleagues applying for tenure and promotion.
Elected Committee Members
- Marco Valtorta, Computer Science and Engineering (2016) - Chair
- Larry Durstine, Public Health (2016)
- Camelia Knapp, Earth and Ocean Sciences (2016)
- Christopher Rorden, Psychology (2016)
- Larry Wyatt, Music (2016)
- Bonnie Drewniany, Journalism and Mass Communications (2017)
- Mark Ferguson, Management Science (2017)
- Melayne McInnes, Economics (2017)
- Srihari Nelakuditi, Computer Science and Engineering (2017)
- Alan Waldman, Biological Sciences (2017)
- Maria Girardi, Mathematics (2018)
- Carol Harrison, History (2018)
- DeAnne Hilfinger Messias, Nursing (2018)
- Robin Morris, Psychology (2018)
- John Fitz Rogers, Music (2018)
Appointed Committee Members
- Thomas Hebert, Education (2016)
- Lorne Hofseth, Pharmacy (2016)
- Sherry Thatcher, Management (2016)
- Mohammod Ali, Computer Science and Engineering (2017)
- Milind Kunchur, Physics and Astronomy (2017)
- Agnes Mueller, Languages, Literatures, and Cultures (2017)
- Ronnie Horner, Public Health (2018)
- Holy LaVoie, Medicine (2018)
- Mark Nagel, HRSM (2018)