The university Committee on Tenure and Promotion (UCTP) is an important faculty committee composed of 24 tenured, full professors. The UCTP formally evaluates and votes on all tenure and promotion files.
The committee then reports its recommendations directly to the president. The UCTP works with the Office of the Provost and has final approval for all revisions to the statements of criteria and procedures for tenure and promotion submitted by the various academic units at the university.
Finally, the UCTP provides guidance on the tenure and promotion process to units and candidates. Units can find help preparing and revising their criteria and procedures for tenure and/or promotion in the UCTP Guidelines for Units: Preparing Criteria and Files [pdf] document. Guidance for the compilation, submission, and confidential handling of tenure or promotion files can also be found in the UCTP Guidelines document.
The UCTP also organizes an annual spring workshop on reading day for colleagues applying for tenure and promotion.
Elected Committee Members
- Alan Waldman, Biological Sciences (2017) - Chair
- Bonnie Drewniany, Journalism and Mass Communications (2017)
- Venkat Lakshmi, Earth & Ocean Sciences (2017)
- Srihari Nelakuditi, Computer Science and Engineering (2017)
- Maria Girardi, Mathematics (2018)
- Carol Harrison, History (2018)
- DeAnne K. Hilfinger Messias, Nursing (2018)
- Robin Morris, Psychology (2018)
- John Fitz Rogers, Music (2018)
- Robert Cox, Political Science (2019)
- Robert Johnson, Educational Studies (2019)
- Sue Levkoff, Social Work (2019)
- Tammi Richardson, Biological Sciences (2019)
- Christopher Williams, Chemical Engineering (2019)
Appointed Committee Members
- Mohammod Ali, Electrical Engineering (2017)
- Scott Gwara, English Language and Literature (2017)
- Agnes Mueller, Languages, Literatures, and Cultures (2017)
- Josh Eagle, Law (2018)
- Holly LaVoie, Medicine (2018)
- Mark Nagel, HRSM (2018)
- Larry Durstine, Public Health (2019)
- Angela Liese, Epidemiology and Biostatistics (2019)
- Jijun Tang, Computer Science and Engineering (2019)