Skip to Content

Interpersonal Violence

Right to an Advisor

Each person has the right to an advisor during the resolution process. Additionally, students with disabilities can be accompanied by a staff member in the Student Disability Resource Center and receive accommodations 

During the resolution process, each person has a right to an advisor.  Only one advisor can be present during the investigative and resolution process. Advisors can provide support and guidance during the process and are involved in two separate areas depending on the resolution method. We know this may be difficult to find the right kind of support for each process and recommend you reach out to the resources below to determine the best steps moving forward.   

Advisors during investigation and informal resolution can include campus partners, parent/guardian, family members, legal representation, etc. They cannot speak on your behalf during the investigation or informal resolution process but are here to support you.  

Advisors during a formal hearing conduct cross examination and therefore may not be the same advisor during the investigation or informal resolution process. We suggest you contact the resources below if you need assistance connecting to an advisor for the hearing. If you cannot find an advisor through these resources, the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs will provide one for you.  

Contact the Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention & Prevention office: 803-777-8248.

Contact the Student Title IX and Interpersonal Violence Respondent Resource Committee:

Contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs: 803-777-3854.


Note: Given that all information discussed during these processes is a part of a student's educational record, students must complete an advisor confidentiality form. Students are responsible to send any communication from the university to their advisor directly.

Interpersonal Violence

    Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.