Classrooms and Academic Spaces
- Face coverings are required for entry into classrooms.
- Classroom capacities have been adjusted in light of best practice recommendations. No class larger than 100 will meet in person.
- Maintain CDC-recommended physical distancing of 6-feet where feasible. If spatial adjustment is necessary, follow WHO guidance of not less than 3 feet in combination with face coverings and other mitigation strategies.
Russell House and Common Spaces
- Face coverings are required for entry to the Russell House.
- Entrance and exit patterns have been adjusted to reduce crowding and maintain safety for all who use the facility.
- Entrance monitors will staff all entrances and greet visitors to answer questions, affirm safety protocol, and monitor face coverings compliance.
- Expanded options have been added for ordering ahead through Grubhub’s mobile ordering app. Panera, Chick-fil-A and all residence halls have been added to the GrubHub app.
- There is limited seating for in-house dining, and additional food truck and food cart options are available.
- Touchless pay options are available.
- Face coverings are required for entry to both the Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center (STWFC) and the Solomon Blatt PE Center (BPEC).
- Patrons are encouraged to maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance.
- Capacities for areas will be enforced and grids have been established to allow for personal workout spaces.
- All employees and patrons will complete a verbal attestation and temperature check prior to entering the STWFC & BPEC.
Thomas Cooper Library
- A valid CarolinaCard is required for entry to the library this Fall. Face coverings must be worn at all times.
- The library has 500 spaces for solo study and 37 bookable spaces for watching virtual classes.
- Levels Main, Mezzanine, 4 and 5 are open to faculty, staff and students.
- Special Collections are available by appointment.