Current Campus Status
The COVID-19 monitor is a dashboard that reflects details about current conditions on the Columbia campus. The dashboard will be updated with the latest information on Tuesdays. University leadership uses this information to determine the campus alert level.
UofSC Columbia COVID-19 Dashboard
Active Cases – A case confirmed by a COVID diagnostic test, or a case that is presumed positive based on symptoms and/or close contact with a known positive COVID individual. An active case is an individual considered to be within the timeframe of potential viral spread to others. Active cases will need to complete all health directives to be allowed to return to campus.
Campus Condition Factors
- Campus Testing – Availability, capacity and turnaround time for all forms of COVID testing for students, faculty and staff.
- Contact Tracing – The ability of campus health team to contact trace all of those exposed to newly identified cases among students, faculty and staff within 48hrs.
- Isolation and Quarantine – A measure of the implementation of individual plans for isolation and quarantine.
- Environmental Monitoring – The capacity to conduct early detection to identify COVID spikes and focus specific mitigation strategies to areas of outbreak.
- Campus Case Burden – The levels at which active campus cases triggers increased health and safety measures.
- Campus Health Center Capacity – The availability of UofSC health care facilities, staff and equipment needed to provide quality physical and mental health care to the campus community.
- Community Health Center Capacity – The availability of regional health care facilities, staff and equipment needed to provide quality physical and mental health care for the Midlands and for South Carolina in general.
- Mitigation Compliance – Compliance by students, faculty and staff with behaviors intended to reduce the spread of COVID, to include wearing of face coverings, maintaining social (physical) distance, and following weekly update guidance.
- Campus Impact on Operations – The presence and impact of COVID on the availability of the campus workforce, facilities, supplies and the impact of adverse weather/natural disasters on existing resources.
- Community Impact on Operations – The presence and impact of COVID on the Midlands and the impact of adverse weather/natural disasters on the community’s ability to respond to those challenges.