All are welcome for meditation, prayer and reflection in the C.A.L.M. Oasis. We're excited to increase access to meditation and mindfulness and to cultivate a culture of awareness.
Guided Meditation Schedule
Drop in for a brief 20 minutes of meditation over lunch or a longer meditation in the evening.
Expanded Meditation and Yoga for Fall 2018 Finals Week
- Monday, Dec. 10 - Meditation - 10 a.m., 11:20 a.m. 3 p.m.; Yoga - 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 11 - Meditation - 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 12 - Meditation - 10 a.m., 11:20 a.m., 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 13 - Meditation - 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m.; Yoga - 1:30 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 14 - Meditation - 11:20 a.m.; Yoga - 1:30 p.m.
The Importance of Mindfulness
Greater awareness of the ways the body and mind work together can reveal how your unconscious thoughts, feelings and behaviors can undermine your overall health.
Mindfulness and meditation have been recommended as treatment for:
- Chronic Pain
- Eating Disorders
- Health Concerns (like high blood pressure)
- Panic Attacks
- Sleep Disturbances