The Therapy-Assisted Online (TAO) program gives you therapy any time, anywhere on
your mobile device for anxiety, depression and other common concerns.
Get treatment when you can't make it to the counseling center via an interactive, web-based program lasting seven to nine weeks, based on well-researched and highly effective strategies.
Each Week You'll...
- Watch engaging videos and complete exercises that take about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meet with a counselor for 10 to 15 minutes via private and secure videoconferencing.
- Complete daily homework to make journal entries two or more times per day. Each entry takes only one or two minutes.
Check out a sample TAO session: Understanding Depression.
Ready to get started?
Call Counseling & Psychiatry at 803-777-5223 to schedule an introductory triage appointment.
Enrolled Self-Help Option
Learn how to manage stress, practice mindfulness, solve problems and more.
- Completely self-directed with no contact from a mental health professional.
- Learn mental wellness skills through educational modules and practice tools.
Sign Up on the TAO Self-Help Site
Online Mental Health Screening
Take a free, anonymous mental health screening with the Online Screening Program (ISP). You'll get feedback from a counselor based on your results.
ISP was created by The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP).
Learn to Help a Friend
Practice Recognizing the Signs
You can use the online program Kognito to learn the signs of psychological distress in others and to practice getting someone else the help they need. Use the code "usccolumbia" when you register.