Therapy Assistance Online (TAO)
TAO includes over 150 brief, effective, educational sessions covering over 50 common topics and skills related to mental health, wellness, and substance use issues. TAO Includes interactive sessions, mindfulness exercises and practice tools all aimed at helping you achieve your goals.
Therapy Assistance Option
The Therapy Assistance option of TAO allows you to get effective treatment when your schedule, or life, makes it hard to get to the counseling office. You will have access to highly effective therapy modules 24/7 and a dedicated time to meet online with your counselor each week via videoconferencing.
- Learn more about TAO
- Schedule your introductory triage appointment or call Counseling & Psychiatry at 803-777-5223.
How to Register for TAO Self-Help
- In your browser window, navigate to (USA) TAOconnect.org/register or (Canada) CA.TAOconnect.org/register
- Enter First Name, Last Name, and your school email address
- Create a Password
- Leave the 'Enrollment Key' field blank.
- Click Sign Me Up
- Check your email. You will be sent a Welcome to TAO email with a confirmation link which you must click on in order to sign in.
Download the TAO Mobile App (Click on the images below)
TAO: Self-Enroll Self-Help
Want to have access to ONLY the practice tools and modules? Completely self-directed with no contact from a mental health professional, TAO: Self-Enroll Self-Help is available. Learn how to manage stress, practice mindfulness, engage in mental wellness and more by utilizing TAO Self-Enroll Self-Help.
Learn to Help a Friend
Practice Recognizing the Signs
You can use the online program Kognito to learn the signs of psychological distress in others and to practice getting someone else the help they need. Use the code "usccolumbia" when you register.