2018 Conference Date
The conference will be held toward the end of October. The date and agenda will be announced later this year.
2017 Summit: Generation Z and College Health
Conference topics and presentations included:
- Identifying and mitigating barriers to access and utilization of health care and health promotion initiatives for the Generation Z student.
- How to capitalize on the positive and mitigate the negative effects of technology and online engagement on individuals and campus health culture.
- Utilizing practices, policies, systems and environmental strategies to engage with Generation Z about health topics in new and innovative ways on a college campus.
Registration began at 8:30 a.m. and the conference closed at 3 p.m. Opening and closing remarks were given by Jackie Knight, Assistant Director of Healthy Carolina Initiatives.
- Enhancing the Wellbeing of Generation Z [pdf]
- Expectations and Realities of Health Information Dissemination on Campus [pdf]
- Sex, Love and Instagram: Relationships in the Digital Age [pdf]
- The Myth of the Fragile College Student [pdf]
- The Future of Peer Education is Here! ... And It's Magical [pdf]
- Memes and Gifs and Emojis Oh My! The Art of Communicating With Generation Z [pdf]
- Generational Differences: Communication With College Students as a Health Care Provider [pdf]
About the Conference
The Healthy Campus Summit is hosted by Healthy Campus Initiatives within Student Health Services in support of the campus’ Healthy Carolina vision to create a healthy campus environment through the collaborative development, promotion and assessment of policies, programs, services and initiatives that address all dimensions of wellness for the members of the University of South Carolina campus community.
Free CHES/MCHES credits may be available for this conference.