All students living in university-owned housing and the Greek Village are required to have a USC campus mailbox. These mailboxes are automatically assigned once a USC housing room assignment has been completed.
You are encouraged to check and empty your mailbox regularly.
Mailbox Assignment and Box Combination
- Go to my.sc.edu
- Scroll down to “Personal”
- Click “View mailbox assignment and box combination”
- Log in with network username or VIPID
Requesting a Mailbox
(commuter and off-campus students only)
If you live off campus and you are enrolled in classes for at least one hour per term, you have the option to rent a campus mailbox. The commuter post box fee is $35, and it is nonrefundable.
Off-Campus Box Rental Procedures
- Go to my.sc.com
- Click on “View Mailbox Assignment and Combination"
- Sign in with USC network username or VIPID (if required), then the SecureCarolina authentication method
- Click on “Sign up for an Off-Campus Box Rental”
- Complete and submit the “Off-Campus Box Rental Application”
- Upon successful submission, a message will appear with instructions to log in to Self
Service Carolina to pay the $35 commuter mailbox fee.
- Once you login to Self Service Carolina:
- Click on the "Account Information" tab
- Find "Optional Fees"
- Select the "Commuter Mailbox fee" option
- You will receive your box assignment and combination by email within two business days after the fee has been posted to your account. If you do not, please contact Sarah Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Housing and Greek Village residents are charged a nonrefundable, non-prorated mailbox fee each term for mail service and forwarding and handling of mail for six months at the end of each term or upon cancellation of University Housing or Greek Village residence hall assignments.
Refunds/Removal of Box Fees
University Housing or the Office of Greek Life will refund or remove box fee charges from student accounts upon cancellation of residence hall contracts each term based strictly on nonenrollment or withdrawal from the university prior to the official start date of classes each term.
Box fee refunds or removals from student accounts will not be granted after the official start date of classes each term.
Inquiries regarding box fee refunds or removals should be directed to:
- University Housing
- Office of Greek Life
Parcel Arrival Notifications
All parcels will be signed for by the USC Postal Service upon arrival at USC and entered into our internal parcel tracking system. Students assigned to a USC mailbox number will have a notification delivered to their university email from email@example.com when a parcel is ready for pickup at the USC Student Mail Center.
If you are expecting a parcel but have not received a package email notification, please check your junk mail folder. This situation can be corrected to receive future package email notifications in your inbox by adding "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your safe sender list.
To claim shipped items, you must present your Carolina Card to the Student Mail Center.
Shipments and Deliveries Not Accepted
- Freight or oversize shipments:
- Beds (including loft beds)
- Large-screen TVs (exceeding 40 inches)
- Mopeds/bikes, etc.
- Perishable or refrigerated items
- Hazardous materials
- Medications requiring refrigeration. These items must be shipped to and picked up from the Center for Health and Well-Being, 1409 Devine St, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Flower deliveries from florists
- Weapons of any kind
Addressing Mail and Parcels
Mail and parcels shipped via the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, FedEx and DHL are accepted at the Student Mail Center for students assigned to a mailbox. All mail and packages must be properly addressed to your student mailbox to avoid being returned to the sender. Packages cannot be delivered to residence halls.
Proper format for addressing student mail and packages:
Student's Name (first name, middle initial, last name)
USC Student Box __________ (assigned five-digit mailbox number)
1400 Greene St
Columbia, SC 29225-0112
All packages requiring a signature, as well as those larger than your mailbox dimensions, must be processed in our internal SC Logic package tracking system before the item can be picked up from the Student Mail Center.
USPS First Class Mail and Periodicals
Forwarded for six months to your permanent address as shown on my.sc.edu after:
- date cancelled or released from University Housing or Greek Village residence hall contract
- last day of mail service each term
Update or cancel magazine subscriptions and notify your family members and any other correspondents prior to your forwarding expiration date (six months).
Students are encouraged to verify their permanent address at my.sc.edu prior to the above.
These shippers do not forward shipments. Items will be returned to the sender.
USPS Mail Forwarding to International Addresses
Go to my.sc.edu to have USPS first-class mail and parcels forwarded to an international address.
(for mail forwarding to an address other than permanent address)
- Go to my.sc.edu
- Click on “View Student Mailbox Assignment”
- Login if prompted
- Click on “Update Forwarding Address”
- Complete all information and submit
Note: Campus mailbox numbers are not considered permanent addresses for the purpose of forwarding mail.