New funding opportunity from Mental Health Initiatives
Mental Health Initiatives is providing student organizations the opportunity to apply for a $500 mini-grant to be used to create an innovative mental health campaign, event or program during the fall 2021 semester.
Up to four grants will be funded. Applications are due September 9, 2021.
Project goals might include, but are not limited to:
- Fostering greater resilience and well-being
- Decreasing stress and anxiety
- Promoting healthy coping skills through group engagement
- Increasing peer to peer support, connection, and community
- Combating stigma of help-seeking and/or mental health disorders
- Increasing knowledge about suicide risk, signs of distress
- Increasing awareness of campus resources and referral skills
Your community of focus can be as broad or as focused as you wish; from the general UofSC community to a specific student population.
Additionally, there are a number of mental health holidays that occur during the fall semester. We strongly suggest that your event corresponds to one of these dates:
- Mental Illness Awareness Week (Sept. 29 - Oct. 6)
- National Depression Screening Day (Oct. 8)
- World Mental Health Day (Oct. 10)
- International Stress Awareness Day (Nov. 6)
A select team of faculty, staff, and students will review proposals and reach out to you with the decision or any further questions shortly after the September 9 deadline.
Contact Dr. April Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.