Health and Wellness
We make it a priority to provide a convenient, safe, and nutritious dining experience
for everyone — regardless of dietary restrictions, allergies or preferences. Carolina
Food Co. provides a wide variety of on-campus resources and programs to make this
Our on-campus chefs and dietitian are here to help take away the mystery of healthy
eating. We recognize and accommodate food allergies, preferences, and special dietary
needs in a way that’s personalized, sensitive and supportive. In fact, we pride ourselves
on working with you to make sure you can find the food that fits your life. For more
information, email email@example.com.
Our chefs and dietitian have years of experience and leverage the latest science and
health information from trusted organizations like the American Heart Association.
Check out their latest healthy living ideas at FYP365.com.
Carolina Food Co supports their goals with Dietitian Services. Services to students,
faculty, and staff that build on our foundation of having safe and nutritious food
available on campus.
- Individualized one-on-one consultations
- Common Topics: food allergies, dietary restrictions, food intolerances/sensitivities,
general health and wellness goals, medical conditions
- Hosts campus dining tours of locations student visits most often
- Provides specific resources for dining safely on-campus
- Provides guidance for accessing ingredient and allergen information
- Connects students with chefs and management in on campus dining facilities
- Advocates for individual needs and requests of students
- Available as a resource throughout their time as a student at Carolina and more!
- Hosts health and wellness activities in dining locations and on campus
- Brings awareness to the importance of a healthy lifestyle
- Collaborates with on campus organizations and departments to promote health and wellness
Interested in setting up an appointment?
Email Cody Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional requests or information.
Special Dietary Needs
We strive to accommodate all forms of dietary needs and preferences. Students with
medically required dietary restrictions due to food allergies, intolderances, and
related conditions are strongly encouraged to register with the Student Disability Resource Center so our teams can provide effective support. Carolina Food Co. will then contact you
to set up a consultation and dining tour.
Carolina Food Co. offers consultations for students with food allergies and related
conditions. She provides dining location tours, facilitates student connections with
chefs and managers, gives guidance for accessing ingredient and allergen information,
and contributes other valuable resources that assist in providing a safe and enjoyable
Additional Dietary Restriction Resources
- True Balance, located at Gamecock Park, Honeycomb Café, The Pavilion at Campus Village,
and Gibbes Court Bistro, serves meals prepared without the top 9 allergens (egg, fish,
milk, peanuts, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, wheat/gluten, sesame)
- Top 9 allergen information for retail menus is available on our website, Grubhub menus, and menu boards in locations
- Made-without-gluten selections can be found on our website for our residential restaurants
The Roadmap to Healthy Eating
Eating healthfully on campus doesn't have to be difficult or inconvenient. We recommend
using MyPlate as a guide and building your meal with grains/potatoes, fruits & vegetables, and
Our menus identify better-for-you choices with bright, leaf-shaped identifiers — making it easy to find
the foods that fit your lifestyle!
- Eat Well selections make up over 30% of menu items on our residential dining menus over the
semester. Our Eat Well selections contain nutritionally dense whole foods (i.e., fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, whole grains, beans, lean protein) and are lower
in calories, saturated fat and sodium.
- Made with Whole Grain selections comprise over 15% of menu items on our residential dining menus through
- Vegetarian and Vegan selections now make up over 30% of our menus. Our culinary team and dietitians assure that vegetarian selections contain no meat, fish or poultry.
- Our vegan selections contain no animal products of any kind. In addition vegan items can not include dairy, eggs, or honey.
- Plant-Forward selections feature a style of cooking and eating that emphasizes healthy plants at
the center of the plate with a proportionally small quantity of animal protein.
Roadmap to Healthy Eating and Plant Based dining in retail locations coming soon!