USC's 9th Annual
Women's Leadership Institute “Balancing Mind, Body and Soul”
Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Russell House Ballroom
View photos from the event
Women’s Leadership Institute is designed for faculty, staff, and graduate students from SC institutions of higher education who are interested in the advancement and success of women in leadership roles. The Institute will feature workshops, interactive presentations, and a networking luncheon centered on promoting greater awareness of the challenges and opportunities women face as they seek to achieve a work/life balance. There will also be a time for participants to informally network, if the workshop tracks do not meet their needs.
Miss South Carolina*
Featured topics include:
- Dealing with Difficult People (Sara Pope)
- Revitalize/Energize (Amy Montanez)
- Integration of Technology (Brie Turner McGrievey)
- B.L.A.S.T (Tina Devlin)
- Mentoring (Stuart Hunter)
- Conscious Ease/Physical Relief (Sarah Barker)
- Eldercare/Caregiver Care (Scott Middleton)
- Sleep Aids/Sleep Habits (Melissa Hummel)
- Stand Up Carolina! (Stephanie Hinton)
- Community Engagement (Mary Wright and Vicki Fecas)
- Soul Food for Single Women (Gayle Haddock)
- Financial 101 (Amy Brown) and Financial 102 (Karen Jenkins)
Register early and elect to receive a free health screening the morning of the institute – available to the first 70 women to sign up. The Women’s Imaging Center mammogram bus will also be at Russell House for the first 25 to sign up for a free mammogram.
The USC Provost’s Advisory Committee on Women’s Issues
For more information, contact Mary Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org.