Creative and Performing Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Institute for Visiting Scholars Grant Programs
Applications that are complete and responsive to this announcement will be evaluated for merit by a committee. The committee will make recommendations for funding to the Provost based on the quality of the proposals in accordance with the following review criteria (as applicable to the program):
A. Scholarly and/or Creative Merit:
B. Nature of Proposal:
- Does the proposal provide a compelling argument for the scholarship proposed and/or
- Does the proposed project represent a significant contribution to the
field of study?
- Is there a probability of publication, an exhibit, performance, or other
- Does the proposal provide a clear statement of overall project objectives?
- Is the proposed methodology appropriate and realistic?
- Does the proposal provide a sound justification with clear and specific
- What is the likelihood the project, timeline, and budget will be accomplished?
- Will the project lead to further scholarly or creative activities?
- Does the project help build scholarly networks and/or academic reputation for the individual and/or the university?
- A final report is required within ninety (90) days of the grant completion date.
For more information, please contact the Office of the Provost at 803-777-2808 or the individuals below: