The S.C. Scholastic Press Association's purpose is to promote responsible
scholastic journalism in South Carolina.
To achieve this goal we educate, evaluate, advocate and empower
students and advisers who work with middle and high school newspapers,
yearbooks, literary magazines and the broadcast programs in the state.
SCSPA has both publication and student memberships. Publications
must be a member to receive critiques or participate in any of the
individual competitions. Students must be members to apply for scholarships.
Publications have two membership options: one year ($40) or three
years ($100). Students have two levels: high school ($20) and middle
The membership year is Sept. 1 to Aug. 31.
Publication Membership ($40 – one year/$100 – three years):
- Memberships are retained
by publications, not by schools.
- Publications may pay $40 to join for one year or $100 for three years.
- Receive Scholastic Review, an annual publication highlighting winners of individual competitions in newspaper, magazine and yearbook.
- Receive a Schopress calendar with dates of all wokrshops, conferencees, conventions and deadlines for scholarships and awards.
- Members also receive competition and conference information.
- Advisers will have access to the adviser listserv to communicate with other publication advisers.
- Member publications may pay additional fees to receive an evaluation, mini-evaluation and/or enter individual competitions.
Student Membership (High School - $20; Middle School - $10):
- This membership is for middle and high school students involved in their school's journalism publications and/or broadcast programs.
- Great for a student's resume.
- Student members are eligible to apply for School of Journalism and Mass Communications scholarships.
- Student members will have access to the student editors listserv to communicate with other student journalists.
- Student members will receive information about student officer elections and scholarships.
Select the type of membership you have or would like to join for: