Follow these steps to find a graduate
assistantship using JobMate:
SET UP YOUR JOBMATE ACCOUNT
- Go to www.sc.edu/career and
click on the "Student/Alumni" link under the JobMate icon
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click on "Click here to register!"
- Complete the registration screen and click "register"
Click on "Continue"
FIND GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIPS
- Creating your account will connect you to JobMate. On subsequent
visits, fill in your username and password to sign on.
- Point cursor on "Job Postings & Interviews" in the top menu bar and
select "Job Search".
- In the "Position Type" box, click on "Graduate Assistantship".
- Click on the gray "Search" button at the bottom of the page.
- Above "Search Results", click on "Save Search" so that you do
not have to repeat these steps the next time you search for graduate
- Type in a name for your search, e.g. "My GA's", in the "Saved
Search Name" box. Note the additional prompts and respond
- Click on "Save"
- Click on a job title and follow the application instructions in
the job description.
- On subsequent visits to the JobMate, follow Steps 1 and 2 above
and then look for your saved search on the bottom left side of the
page in "Saved Searches".