Here is a list of articles that may be helpful to you as you research this exciting profession:
- Paralegal Salaries
- New Opportunities for Paralegals
- The Effective Resume and Cover Letter
- Perspective on the Paralegal Profession
- How to Interview Clients
Associations and Organizations
Whether your new to the paralegal field or have years of experience, continue to advance your career by getting involved and network with your peers to continue your professional development. Learn more about your local, state and national associations and organizations in the field:
- Palmetto Paralegal Association
- South Carolina Legal Services
- South Carolina Appleseed Legal Justice Center
- South Carolina Access to Justice Commission
- Southeastern Association of Legal Assistants
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc.
- American Association for Paralegal Education
- Established in 1981, AAfPE is a national organization serving paralegal education and institutions that offer paralegal education programs.
- National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc.
- NALA is the "leading professional, national association for legal assistants and paralegals, providing continuing education and professional development programs."
- International Paralegal Management Association
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA)
- The ALA works to improve the quality of management in legal services organizations, promote and enhance the competence and professionalism of legal administrators and all members of the management team, and represent professional legal management and managers to the legal community and to the community at large.
Other Helpful Information
Links to research and news in the legal industry are among these helpful resources:
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- By Cornell University's Legal Information Institute (LII)
- FindLaw is an all-purpose legal search tool featuring numerous categories for legal professionals, students, businesses, and the public. It has a powerful search engine.
- Legal News
- Current legal news online
- Legal information for consumers and small businesses
- U.S. Code
- Searchable by title and section, from Cornell's LII
- U.S. Court Forms
- U.S. Court Forms publishes a large collection of industry-standard court forms for state and federal jurisdictions
- U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- U.S. Supreme Court
- This is the official web site of the United States Supreme Court. It features information about the court, an automated docket system, court rules, opinions, public information, and more.
- Westlaw is "a leading online legal research service, providing the broadest collection of legal resources, news, business, and public records information."