Defining Noncredit Certificate programs
Noncredit certificate programs document the completion of a “bundle” of multiple related activities for which CEUs have been conferred, as outlined in University Policy ACAF 17.1 [pdf]. Each module identifies the goals, needs, and target audience of the program and is evaluated to determine learning outcomes.
Take the first step to offering a certificate program
USC departments and affiliates interested in offering a non-credit certificate program should begin by developing the course curriculum. A non-credit certificate program packet [pdf] must be completed and submitted to our office at least 30 days prior to the proposed program start date.
Fees vary, depending on the program, sponsoring organization, and services required:
- For university sponsors, the program fee is $8.00 for each enrolled participant. This fee will be charged for the minimum number of students expected to enroll or the actual number enrolled, whichever is higher.
- Organizations outside the university may contact us at email@example.com for additional information about sponsorship, program application, and associated fees.
Other ways we can help
Additional services, including registration, marketing, and program coordination are available upon request. Upon approval of your noncredit program packet, we will issue a memorandum of agreement to you to specify the exact services required, and to provide detailed fees.
Services may include:
- CEU and noncredit certificate approval and processing
- Access to USC’s Blackboard learning management system
- Registration of participants (mail, fax, or online)
- Fee collection and distribution
- Classroom or meeting space reservations
- Food/beverage services during on-site instruction
- Data entry of participants, completion, and noncredit transcript maintenance
- Issuing certificates upon completion and providing summary reports
- Promotion of the certificate program on our website, and design/printing of promotional materials.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to get started.