The 2021 Orientation Leader Application is closed.
Application and Selection Process
The application process to be an Orientation Leader is designed to showcase your strengths, personality and what you bring to a team. Applications are due on Monday, November 2 at 5:00 p.m.
Step 1: Interest Meeting
Attend an Interest Meeting to hear from Professional Staff and former Orientation Leaders about what it means to be a part of our office. Learn more about required dates, Spring Training, Intensive Training, and the role during Summer Orientation. These are not required, but highly encouraged. All will be held virtually. Interest Meetings will be held:
- Wednesday, Sep. 30 from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 8 from Noon to 1 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 12 from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 23 from 2 to 3 p.m.
Step 2: Apply
Complete the online application on our website. The application is an opportunity for the Office of New Student Orientation to learn more about who you are and why you want to be an Orientation Leader. On the application, we will also ask you to provide one recommendation letter from a mentor or supervisor. Applications are due Monday, November 2 at 5:00pm.
Step 3: Interview
The individual interview process provides an intimate setting to share your experiences and desire to serve as an Orientation Leader. Should you be selected for an individual interview, you will be invited to select an interview time beginning November 6. Interviews are November 9 - November 18. Business casual attire is recommended for interviews. All will be held virtually.
Step 4: Selection
Candidates will be informed of their decision by November 20 through the e-mail submitted in their application. Candidates who were not selected and wish to receive feedback on their interview may request a meeting by emailing email@example.com.
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions about the Orientation Leader application and selection process. If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is not a specific number of Orientation Leaders we hire. Typically, our team ranges from 45-55 Orientation Leaders.
- You do not have to attend an interest meeting, but it is highly encouraged.
- You do not have to be an extrovert to be an Orientation Leader! The University of South Carolina has a diverse student body, and our Orientation Leader Team should represent that diversity.