These ePortfolios provide a range of examples. Remember no one ePortfolio is a perfect
example. Each ePortfolio is unique, so yours will be too!
Stephanie Do - Information Science
Eman Hulwe - Social Work
Mia Jeanty - Chemistry
Nocholas Laramee - Public Health
Lizeth Morales - Experimental Psychology
Abdullah Najdeyah - Risk Management and Insurance
Romano Pessoa - Organizational Leadership
Clarie Randall - Experimental Psychology and Biological Sciences
Theo Santos - Political Science and Women's & Gender Studies
Adrianna Shoemaker - Sociology and Philosophy
Colin Tesch - Finance and Economics
Lizzie Utset - International Studies and Chinese Studies
Dalia Valcin-Brown - Athletic Training
Christopher Wu - Biomedical Engineering
UNIV 401 for GLD
Most students take UNIV 401 for GLD for the opportunity to reflect with fellow students and receive weekly guidance. The ePortfolio completed in a course is due according to the instructor's deadline (typically near the end of the semester). To register for UNIV 401 you must:
- Complete the GLD Orientation prior to attempting to register for the course.
- Be classified as a Senior having completed 90+ credit hours.
- Ensure that you are registering for UNIV 401 for GLD.
Upcoming online UNIV 401 sections for GLD:
- UNIV 401 (J10) – Online section J10 will be offered Summer I: May 13 - June 20. Please note that students will be expected to attend a meeting to learn more about the online class format and strategies for successful completion. Students will be contacted on an individual basis about available meeting times. We do not offer overrides for full sections of UNIV 401 for GLD.
- UNIV 401 (J11) - Please note that students enrolled in online section J11 in Fall 2019 will be expected to attend a meeting to learn more about the online class format and strategies for successful completion. Students will be contacted on an individual basis about available meeting times. We do not offer overrides for full sections of UNIV 401 for GLD.
Please contact Lara Ducate if you have any questions about online UNIV 401.
Working with a GLD advisor (instead of taking a course) requires students be driven to complete assignments independently. We encourage Columbia students to make a GLD advising appointment as soon as you make the decision to complete the ePortfolio independently. The ePortfolio deadline is MUCH EARLIER for students in this category:
- Monday, March 18, 2019 for May graduates
- Monday, June 10, 2019 for August graduates
- Monday, Oct 21, 2019 for December graduates
If students are completing multiple ePortfolios and are registered for a UNIV401 course, only one of those portfolios can be UNIV401 course supported. The other portfolio is completed independently working with a GLD Advisor in the USC Connect office. The other portfolio (non-course supported) will be required to meet independent portfolio deadlines, please see those posted above.
Palmetto College GLD Support
Students at a Palmetto College campus can enroll in UNIV 401 GLD or contact a GLD advisor on their campus:
- Lancaster: Laura Carnes, Liz Easley
- Salkehatchie: Sarah Miller
- Sumter: Anna Oswald-Hensley, Damien Picariello
- Union: Randy Lowell
This is the document you will use to guide you in creating the structure and content of your GLD
ePortfolio. Helpful writing prompts included.
Creating an ePortfolio Website
The USC Connect GLD ePortfolio Technology Page gets you started in setting up an ePortfolio with Google Sites. If you choose Google Sites, USC
Connect will provide further support, as needed. You may use another website creation
tool (such as Weebly, or Wix) if you do not need our technical support.
The GLD rubric is the assessment tool that will be used by a trained reviewer to evaluate your ePortfolio. In order to meet requirements for GLD you must earn a score of at least 34.