Fall 2017 Sorority Recruitment Overview
- August 16: Mandatory Orientation at 5 p.m.
- August 17-18: Round 1 (Go Greek/Sorority 101)
- August 19-20: Round 2 (Philanthropy)
- August 22-23: Round 3 (Leading Women)
- August 26: Round 4 (Preference)
- August 27: Bid Day
Fall 2017 Recruitment Dates
|Mon., August 7||Greek Village Opens for Sororities|
|Wed., August 16||Early Move-In|
|Thurs., August 17||Round 1, Day 1|
|Fri., August 18||Round 1, Day 2|
|Sat., August 19||Round 2, Day 1|
|Sun., August 20||Round 2, Day 2|
|Mon., August 21||Solar Eclipse - No Recruitment Activities|
|Tues., August 22||Greek Village Opens for Fraternities|
|Tues., August 22||Round 3, Day 1|
|Wed., August 32||Round 3, Day 2|
|Sat., August 26||Preference|
|Sun., August 27||Bid Day|
REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
In order to guarantee on-campus housing, you must register by August 1 so that University
Housing has adequate time to prepare you room. Should you choose to register after
August 1, we are unable to guarantee that your room will be ready and therefore you
must be able to find alternative housing accommodations until university move-in on
Early Registration (May 1 - May 31 at 5 p.m.) - $150
Regular Registration (June 1 - June 31 at 5 p.m.) - $175
Late Registration (July 1 - Aug. 1 at 4 p.m.) - $200
*Includes two t-shirts, backpack, lunches between rounds, a few dinners
You Will Need:
- General Resume Information (GPA, activities, community service, etc).
- Guardian Contact Information (for emergency contact and family orientation).
- Legacy Information (names, chapters and schools for family members who have been in sororities).
- A way to pay electronically.
Letters of Recommendation
Send your letters of recommendation at least two weeks before recruitment begins so the chapter has time to look over your information.
Visit the chapter's national site to download recommendation forms.
List of Sororities »
Mail Letter To:
Attention: (Chapter Name)
RHUU Suite 115
1400 Greene Street
Columbia, SC 29208
Many organizations also accept online letters of recommendation.
Early move-in is Wednesday, August 16 for women participating in formal recruitment.
- You will move into your assigned on-campus housing room.
- You will receive an assigned move-in time and a unique move-in packet which will contain a special sticker that will allow you to move in early.
- You do not need to contact University Housing to set up early move-in, as it will be set up for you once you register for recruitment.
- Please direct all questions regarding housing to University Housing at 803-777-4283.
An early move-in fee of $80 ($20 per night) will be charged to your USC bill.
You will not be allowed to move in if the university hasn't received your immunization record.
Students Living Off-Campus
You will need to make your own arrangements and coordinate your early move-in with your landlord or leasing company. The university does not make arrangements for students living off-campus.
You should be prepared to be occupied from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day during the recruitment process. Your schedule will be unique to you.
Conflicts can be excused, but schedules can't be changed except for academic commitments or emergencies.
Speak with your "Pi Chi" recruitment counselor or contact Recruitment Staff at email@example.com.
There is no specific GPA required to participate in recruitment, but each sorority chapter has its own GPA requirements.
If your GPA is below a 3.0, you may be considered a "grade risk" and get fewer invitiations during recruitment than those with higher GPAs.
If you have a diagnosed disability or medical condition that warrants or requires special accommodations, you must register with the Student Disability Resource Center.
Please contact 803-777-3845 if you have questions about special accommodations during sorority recruitment.
Both potential members and the sorority chapter make a mutual choice about membership.
How do chapters make membership decisions?
- Your academic, leadership and community service accomplishments.
- Conversations you have with their members during events.
- Sorority membership requirements.
- The chapter's founding values.
- Alpha Chi Omega »
- Alpha Delta Pi »
- Alpha Gamma Delta »
- Alpha Xi Delta »
- Chi Omega »
- Delta Delta Delta »
- Delta Zeta »
- Gamma Phi Beta »
- Kappa Delta »
- Kappa Kappa Gamma »
- Phi Mu »
- Pi Beta Phi »
- Zeta Tau Alpha »
If you are looking to join a different group, we would encourage you to review the membership intake process for our NPHC and multicultural organizations. If you have any questions, call 803-777-3506 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.